Next Instructor class?

A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

kappatiff
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Next Instructor class?

Post by kappatiff »

I'm even more confused. My husband and I both filled out our Instructor apps within the last couple of days. I don't recall seeing an option to select the short or long version on EITHER of our apps.

Those folks need some help. This is about the most inefficient I've ever seen this place run. Ugh.
{The best defense against a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun}

kappatiff
Posts in topic: 2

Post by kappatiff »

Hi folks.
I just posted a few questions on this thread: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=62658" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wondering if you can help me out? I've read through this thread and it's helped a bit but we're struggling with the CHL-90 form and the fingerprinting situation.
{The best defense against a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun}

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 1

Post by sjfcontrol »

kappatiff wrote:Hi folks.
I just posted a few questions on this thread: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=62658" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wondering if you can help me out? I've read through this thread and it's helped a bit but we're struggling with the CHL-90 form and the fingerprinting situation.
I think the CHL-90 issue is not currently resolved. Be patient, and follow the appropriate threads.
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

USGLOBALASSETS
Posts in topic: 1

Post by USGLOBALASSETS »

OK for those who got the email last week, and not heard anything. I got an email wanting the nra or other cert. I sent it in but had trouble with the attachment, and after reading some of the threads I thought it did not make it. I talked to them today and they were very nice the lady I needed was out to lunch but called me upon her return with no delay. She found that it did make it in and I was informed that they were backed up because they did not have a class in Dec. She said I was in the secound group of approved applications and that I should recieve a new email tonight or tommorrow asking what class I wanted to attend. I did not ask if the NRA was a new thing or if it was still for the short class. Sorry about that. Hope this helps.

glock75
Posts in topic: 4

Post by glock75 »

I asked via email about the abbreviated course for NRA Certified Instructors. The reply from DPS:

"This email serves as your confirmation to attend the CHL Instructor course February 11-14, 2013.
Classroom instruction will be held Monday through Thursday and proficiency demonstration will be on Friday morning. Students will be required to attend all of the class and pass both a written examination and proficiency demonstration for certification. No abbreviated classes are being offered by the Department at this time...."

In addition, the additional information attached to the email stated " Experience as a firearm instructor is required. This class will not teach the student how to be a firearms instructor."

So that is all that I know. I am heading out Sunday to Georgetown and hope to be back Friday with my certificate. At least Mojo says I will......
NRA, DPS and Rangemaster Certified Firearms Instructor
RWDefense.com

Return to “Instructors' Corner”