Trying to Learn From Others - CHL100's

A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Trying to Learn From Others - CHL100's

Post by sjfcontrol »

Neverpanic1 wrote:<~~~~~ trying carbon copy paper for this weekend's class. : / :headscratch
Do they still make that stuff?
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

longtooth
Posts in topic: 1

Post by longtooth »

I use carbon & it works fine for smaller classes..
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Neverpanic1

Post by Neverpanic1 »

sjfcontrol wrote:
Neverpanic1 wrote:<~~~~~ trying carbon copy paper for this weekend's class. : / :headscratch
Do they still make that stuff?

Found some after searching Staples' shelves for an hour, then blowing the dust off the package. :lol:
Texas LTC Instructor/ NRA Certified Instructor

234sportsman

Post by 234sportsman »

I just use an Excel spread sheet...input all the data and prints out as many CHL 100's as you want...also, CHL 8's

Neverpanic1

Post by Neverpanic1 »

Still using carbons ! :mrgreen:

n5wd

Post by n5wd »

kg5ie wrote:Still learning "rules" of the forum. Didn't know if posting links to sites selling things was kosher.

They also sell printed and bound CHL16's fairly cheap as well as complete instructor PowerPoint lesson plans and student study guides.

I've already checked on having the CHL16's printed, it is way cheaper to go to a professional printer than to try to run them through your printer yourself. That is unless you have access to a high speed two sided laser printer.
I notice that this is another one of the threads pulled out from the archives.... but, still a valid one.

There is some great information and resources on this forum, if you can find it.

For example, in the last few messages on the following thread ( viewtopic.php?f=18&t=53760&hilit=Excel+ ... 0&start=15" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ) you'll find Excel srpreadsheets from both TheBusyMom and Triology that will allow you to input information onto a spreadsheet once, and print out both a class list and CHL-100's for each student. Need a copy? Just print a second copy.

I haven't tried TheBusyMom's yet... I did use Triology's though, and had not problem with it being accepted.

Now that we've closed on a new house/ranch - my problem of traveling to a range has been solved and we'll be shooting further classes on the property, then heading back into the classroom to finish up the paperwork.
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

Neverpanic1

Post by Neverpanic1 »

Just read some of my older comments !

Well, I've since changed to using the Excel spreadsheet and pre-print my 100's with my info and the range. I wait until class day to copy student info on the 100. I hang on to them until after the proficiency, where I'll have student sign, then I scan them into a portable scanner I bought at Office Depot for about $120. I print copies once I get home and save a digital copy. Sure makes life a whole lot easier !

Topic author
kg5ie
Posts in topic: 6

Post by kg5ie »

Neverpanic1 wrote:Just read some of my older comments !

Well, I've since changed to using the Excel spreadsheet and pre-print my 100's with my info and the range. I wait until class day to copy student info on the 100. I hang on to them until after the proficiency, where I'll have student sign, then I scan them into a portable scanner I bought at Office Depot for about $120. I print copies once I get home and save a digital copy. Sure makes life a whole lot easier !

I'm still using the 3-part NCR forms. I pre-print the range info like you and do the student info at registration. Hang on to them until after the proficiency. Hand out two copies to those who pass, keep one and scan it back at home. I then have a paper copy for audits and an electronic copy for second backup.

The NCR form through my $99 HP laser printer works slick.
Bill Davis [kg5ie]
TX LTC Instructor / School Safety Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor
http://safe-2-carry.com

Return to “Instructors' Corner”