Texas I D validity

A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

jbarn
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Texas I D validity

Post by jbarn »

apostate wrote:I'm no longer an instructor but I thought at one time instructor renewals were an online quiz sans class. Likely I'm mistaken.
They did every other renewal online for a while, but never eliminated in person renewal classes for instructors.
Texas CHL Instructor
Texas DPS Certified Private Security Classroom and Firearms Instructor
TCLEOSE Instructor (now TCOLE)

Topic author
o b juan
Posts in topic: 5

Post by o b juan »

I went to renewals in austin or georgetown 97, 99, 01, 03, 05, 07, 09,

at the last one 09 we were told we would only have to renew on line 2011, and 2013 we would be going to georgetown (or some where) for the all day..

Am I the only one that remembers that; or have all the original instructors quit or passed on?
CHL Instructor since 95'/ School safety Since Jan 17' :patriot:

tbrown
Posts in topic: 1

Post by tbrown »

o b juan wrote:I never got this UPDATEINSTRUCTOR UPDATE
(12-12-06)
Re: Texas Concealed Handgun Licenses for Out of State Residents In compliance with Title 37, Texas Administrative Code §15.25, the Department of
Public Safety is no longer issuing Texas identification cards to non-residents effective September 19, 2006. This affects out-of-state concealed handgun
license holders, who will no longer be able to submit a Texas identification card number with their applications. For the near future,
the Concealed Handgun Licensing Bureau will be issuing concealed handgun licenses to non-residents with a ‘blank space’ in the TX DL/ID # field. These licenses
are valid and will be replaced once a permanent solution is implemented. Please note that this change only applies to non-residents. Valid
concealed handgun licenses for Texas residents must still contain a valid Texas driver license or identification number in the TX DL/ID # field.
It took me less than 30 seconds to find this. http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/chl/Li ... 121206.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

switch
Posts in topic: 1

Post by switch »

Renewal cycle before last, we could renew online by passing a test. That's when they switched to only requiring instructors show proficiency every 4 years.

Return to “Instructors' Corner”