30.06 sign.....where can i get one?

A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

WildBill
Posts in topic: 1

Re: 30.06 sign.....where can i get one?

Post by WildBill »

brooks9093 wrote:I stopped by the local tabc office today a picked up a copy of the 51% & unlawful carry signs. Who gives out the 30.06 sign and how do i get one?
Having a valid 30.06 sign as a teaching aid is a terrific idea! :thumbs2:
NRA Endowment Member

Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

http://www.inthesign.biz/contact.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; BIL there made one up for me several years ago for use in classroom. Pic of it at http://www.dentoncountysports.com/blog.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I suspect he (Phil) still has the template in computer.
CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

https://www.google.com/search?q=30.06+s ... 93&bih=458" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; are some examples.

MoJo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by MoJo »

I have a non-compliant sign (5/8" letters) I use in my classes. :biggrinjester: Why non-compliant you ask? If it were a complaiant sign, legaly no one could have a concealed handgun in the classroom. It's a training aid like a blue gun or dummy ammo. :tiphat:
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

To the OP, I don't believe there is any official 30.06 sign like there is the 51% or the Unlicensed Possession signs since these are often just letters stuck to a glass door or window pane. Others are actual signs purchased from somewhere and some are large metal monstrosities, such as the Grapevine Mills Mall, which doesn't even have the correct text. Anyway, since there is no "official" 30.06 sign I can only guess that is why the description of what it must be is so detailed.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

MoJo wrote:I have a non-compliant sign (5/8" letters) I use in my classes. :biggrinjester: Why non-compliant you ask? If it were a complaiant sign, legaly no one could have a concealed handgun in the classroom. It's a training aid like a blue gun or dummy ammo. :tiphat:
Would that really be true if you were carrying it around to and from class and it were not actually "posted?"
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

jbarn

Post by jbarn »

MoJo wrote:I have a non-compliant sign (5/8" letters) I use in my classes. :biggrinjester: Why non-compliant you ask? If it were a complaiant sign, legaly no one could have a concealed handgun in the classroom. It's a training aid like a blue gun or dummy ammo. :tiphat:

Actually, a component of 30.06 is not having consent. So even with a valid 30.06 sign a person can carry if consent is given. Less hassle your way, though.....
Texas CHL Instructor
Texas DPS Certified Private Security Classroom and Firearms Instructor
TCLEOSE Instructor (now TCOLE)

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

Here's a sign that's available online it's 64 bucks plus shipping though.

It can be ordered HERE

A local quick sign shop should be able to make you one cheaper.

I would rather see this one.

Image :tiphat:
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

RossA
Banned

Post by RossA »

When I took my instructor's class several years ago, Texas Concealed Carry Instructor's association was on site selling class materials, including a packet of relevant signs. I think I paid about $20 for the 30.06, 51%, and the TABC "unlicensed carrying illegal" sign.
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

Return to “Instructors' Corner”