Anybody else receiving calls about wait time?

A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
mommagamber
Posts in topic: 1

Anybody else receiving calls about wait time?

Post by mommagamber »

I have had a lot of students lately calling me about how bad the wait time is. Of course I can't help them and refer them to call DPS but they can't even reach anybody there. At one point last year they were getting licenses out in 25 days. Now I have people waiting months and months. This morning I had somebody call me that submitted all her stuff in February. I just wish I knew what the wait time was/is so I can tell them.
I conceal carry because I choose not to be a victim.

TVGuy

Re: Anybody else receiving calls about wait time?

Post by TVGuy »

My wife's was received by DPS 5/14 and is in the mail now. Some in the waiting room are under 20 days, most are 50-60.

infoman

Re: Anybody else receiving calls about wait time?

Post by infoman »

If they sent their docs in Feb or before, they need to resend ASAP. Generally it's taking 2-3 months on average. The he times are extreme cause the online status check feature is down thru July for upgrades. Also, many instructors (ones not on forum) are telling the students it takes 2-4 weeks to get the license. If they still want to call DPS, they need to call right at 8am on the dot. That's least wait time through day, & don't ever call on a Monday- never ever.

Return to “Instructors' Corner”