Let's whip on NRA training again!!!

A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

MoJo
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Let's whip on NRA training again!!!

Post by MoJo »

Put the Name of the student and any other pertinent general info (Gender, age etc.) don't put their address and you will be GTG. I have filed several reports this way.

No need to get all rapped around the axle about this. :tiphat:
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

dogflight
Posts in topic: 2

Post by dogflight »

I agree it's nothing to get our bloomers in a knot over.

Perhaps it's because I'm in the information security/identity theft prevention business, but I don't feel it is right (and perhaps not even legal) to provide identifying information about a CHL student to a third party (except DPS or authorities with a warrant). When I submit the NRA form, each students name is "CHL Student" with my address, phone, and email. I do input the gender and approximate age, in case there is some statistical value to be gleaned from that generic information.

So far, I've had no negative feedback from the NRA for this practice.
Certified Texas LTC & NRA Instructor/Basic Pistol.

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 1

Post by sjfcontrol »

dogflight wrote:I agree it's nothing to get our bloomers in a knot over.

Perhaps it's because I'm in the information security/identity theft prevention business, but I don't feel it is right (and perhaps not even legal) to provide identifying information about a CHL student to a third party (except DPS or authorities with a warrant). When I submit the NRA form, each students name is "CHL Student" with my address, phone, and email. I do input the gender and approximate age, in case there is some statistical value to be gleaned from that generic information.

So far, I've had no negative feedback from the NRA for this practice.
Can this be done retroactively? I'd prefer to do all the NRA stuff after the class has completed.
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

dogflight
Posts in topic: 2

Post by dogflight »

sjfcontrol wrote: Can this be done retroactively? I'd prefer to do all the NRA stuff after the class has completed.
I generally don't get around to it until two or three classes have gone by. When I have some free time, I'll log on and register the courses, then register the students, mark their statuses, and save the report. Once the report is saved, no changes can be made.

The student registration is a bit of a nuisance, but if autocomplete is enabled on your browser, it goes much more quickly since the form fills in once you've input "CHL" as the student's first name.
Certified Texas LTC & NRA Instructor/Basic Pistol.

Return to “Instructors' Corner”