Audits? What Audits?

A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Audits? What Audits?

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I haven't heard any reports lately, but I'm sure they are ongoing. The last I heard, somewhere around 600 Instructors didn't renew, but that still leave a lot of people to audit.

Mine was done several months ago by Jarod Crain. He was great. There was one other instructor that wanted to come to our Club for the audit and that was fine with us. This instructor had a few shortcomings with paperwork and Jarod helped the instructor understand what was required for future audits. He wasn't the least bit demanding or overbearing; he truly wanted to help this person meet documentation requirements. I was very impressed with his demeanor. If this instructor does not change their approach to record-keeping, then I'm sure he'll do what's necessary, but his goal is clearly to educate, not penalize.

Chas.

gljjt
Posts in topic: 1

Post by gljjt »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:I haven't heard any reports lately, but I'm sure they are ongoing. The last I heard, somewhere around 600 Instructors didn't renew, but that still leave a lot of people to audit.

Mine was done several months ago by Jarod Crain. He was great. There was one other instructor that wanted to come to our Club for the audit and that was fine with us. This instructor had a few shortcomings with paperwork and Jarod helped the instructor understand what was required for future audits. He wasn't the least bit demanding or overbearing; he truly wanted to help this person meet documentation requirements. I was very impressed with his demeanor. If this instructor does not change their approach to record-keeping, then I'm sure he'll do what's necessary, but his goal is clearly to educate, not penalize.

Chas.
This is great! An instructor knows he needs help and proactively seeks help and an auditor who wants the program to work, not out to penalize unless really warranted. What a great philosophy!

RossA
Banned

Post by RossA »

Haven't been audited again since last year, but Jared is great and very cooperative.
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

So, has anyone let Jared's supervisors know about his great work?
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

baldeagle wrote:So, has anyone let Jared's supervisors know about his great work?
Yes, I've talked to DPS folks.

Chas.

Return to “Instructors' Corner”