Proficiency Test at a Later Date

A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
twomillenium
Posts in topic: 1

Proficiency Test at a Later Date

Post by twomillenium »

I have searched (maybe not in the right places), but I can not find anywhere that requires the proficiency testing to be given on the same date or even a requirement of how long between class and shooting. I have several students that want to take the class with their spouses but want to take some shooting instruction before the shoot. I realize the date of the class starts the clock ticking and the CHL 100 can not be completed until the proficiency testing is complete. Is there anywhere that has guidelines on how this is done?
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

sjfcontrol

Re: Proficiency Test at a Later Date

Post by sjfcontrol »

There is nothing that prevents you from issuing two CHL-100's. One for the class and one for the proficiency test.
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

n5wd

Post by n5wd »

It doesn't even have to be the same Instructor issuing the CHL-100's, either, in case someone just wants you to do just the shooting proficiency test.
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

RossA
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RossA »

Tell me if I have been doing this wrong.
If someone takes the class one day but shoots another day, I simply use the same CHL-100, but enter two different dates for the class and the shooting. I sign and date the class completion, and sign and date the different day for the shooting, but I don't sign either space until that portion is completed.
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

RossA wrote:Tell me if I have been doing this wrong.
If someone takes the class one day but shoots another day, I simply use the same CHL-100, but enter two different dates for the class and the shooting. I sign and date the class completion, and sign and date the different day for the shooting, but I don't sign either space until that portion is completed.
You can do it that way as well.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

mikeloc

Post by mikeloc »

RossA wrote:Tell me if I have been doing this wrong.
That's the way I've always completed the CHL 100 when they shoot on different days. :fire

Mike

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

Um, have I been doing it wrong? I have been teaching the class (4 hours) on Friday evening and shooting on Saturday morning. CHL 100 dates are the Friday date for the written test on the top half and the Saturday date for the proficiency demo on the bottom half.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

RossA
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RossA »

That sounds almost like what I have done, and it looks like it's ok.
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

Return to “Instructors' Corner”