Sales Pitches During CHL classes

A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Abraham
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Sales Pitches During CHL classes

Post by Abraham »

It's fairly basic.

Don't try to sell me anything, that might seem to hinge on my failing or passing the upcoming test, whatever it may be...

Yeah, I buy it (pass) I don't buy it (fail)!

Get, the you know what, outta heah...

Happily Ever After
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Happily Ever After »

Cedar Park Dad wrote:As a student, if someone starts wasting my time pitching me, I want my money back for the class. I paid for the class, not an advertisement, and can go elsewhere.
I dropped cable tv for the same reason.

mr1337
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mr1337 »

I had a [Pre-paid legal service] sales pitch during my CHL class. Ended up going for it because I had already done my research and was planning on buying coverage anyways. It didn't feel forced, but if I wasn't already prepared, I may have felt a little pressured. However the representative was very polite and wasn't overly sales-pitchy other than describing their business, why it is helpful to be protected, and answering basic questions.
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

Cedar Park Dad
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

mr1337 wrote:I had a [Pre-paid legal service] sales pitch during my CHL class. Ended up going for it because I had already done my research and was planning on buying coverage anyways. It didn't feel forced, but if I wasn't already prepared, I may have felt a little pressured. However the representative was very polite and wasn't overly sales-pitchy other than describing their business, why it is helpful to be protected, and answering basic questions.
in my last re-up (before the change in law) the instructor and others started talking about it, but it wasn't really a sales pitch (more of the instructor thought it was a good idea). I was fine as it was a discussion and the instructor's point was more of the think about next steps legally before it becomes an issue-which is good advice for just about anything.

Return to “Instructors' Corner”