Just thought I'd share something . . .

A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
WayneH2
Posts in topic: 1

Just thought I'd share something . . .

Post by WayneH2 »

On 12-1 of last year I had a question I needed answered by the CHL group. I filled out the form and sent it in. As usual I didn't get a reply. So on 12-18 I wrote my senator explaining that I've asked four questions in the past and all I get is the automated response but no actual answer to my question. And that I was not the only instructor who had this problem.

I got a call today from my senator's assistant who said she had sent my concern to the CHL Commission. She told me that I should receive a phone call. That if I haven't received a call by Friday that I should call her back. An hour later I got a call from Dannette at the CHL group. I explained my frustration in never getting a reply to emails and that the phone number listed was useless. She apologized and told me that they receive as many as 1,800 emails a day and they try to answer them all. We talked for about 15 minutes and she told me this:

The emails will now be routed to an actual person and we should get a reply.

The phone number now goes to a real person. If for some reason the hold time will be excessive the option to leave a call back number will be offered and we will get a call back.

So "poking the tiger" sometimes helps. Dannette gave me her phone number if I had any more trouble.

We'll see.
Last edited by WayneH2 on Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brhalltx

Re: Just thought I'd share something . . .

Post by brhalltx »

Good job. I hope you don't get bit. :woohoo

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

Yep! He's now on "The List"! :evil2:
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

skeathley

Post by skeathley »

Good job. I have been able to reach someone on the phone, but emails have never been answered. :confused5

FWIW, I have a friend who is a private investigator. RSD also handles support for them. He told me last week that their support has become impossible because most of the staff has been transferred into the CHL area to handle that workload. Keep sending in those CHL-8s; you are helping to create jobs!

SK
Texas LTC Instructor / RSO / SSC
Viet Nam Veteran: 25th Infantry, Cu Chi
https://mckinneyfirearmstraining.com

Return to “Instructors' Corner”