Instructor renewal instructions

A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Texgun
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Instructor renewal instructions

Post by Texgun »

I successfully sent mine in on July 3, 2015. I probably have achieved the same degree of success as those applying today.
Texgun
College Station, TX

AF-Odin
Posts in topic: 5

Post by AF-Odin »

Well, finally got in and paid this evening about 6. Looked at the stuff I printed out when I first attempted, Oct 5. Twenty one days to get the system up to where folks can access. Need to talk with my friends at DPS (not in RSD) and see if they know what was going on. Know some folks that work IT for the drivers license division and knowing their skills, cannot imagine another division in the same department having such problems. Now to see if they acknowledge receipt of all?????? :grumble
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

MasterOfNone

Post by MasterOfNone »

AF-Odin wrote:Well, finally got in and paid this evening about 6. Looked at the stuff I printed out when I first attempted, Oct 5. Twenty one days to get the system up to where folks can access. Need to talk with my friends at DPS (not in RSD) and see if they know what was going on. Know some folks that work IT for the drivers license division and knowing their skills, cannot imagine another division in the same department having such problems. Now to see if they acknowledge receipt of all?????? :grumble
Texas.gov is run by Texas NICUSA. This is why everything you do on the site has a fee. The idea is to provide online services without cost to the state.
http://www.PersonalPerimeter.com
DFW area LTC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, Range Safety Officer, Recruiter

kjolly
Posts in topic: 2

Post by kjolly »

Did mine today 10/27 with no problems. paid and printed requirements. Need to send in CHL-90 with documentation of being NRA certified. Printed NRA certification from NRA site and will mail my CHL-90 tomorrow.
Texas CHL Instructor, NRA Certified Trainer, IDPA
NRA Range Safety Officer

http://www.tacticalpistol.us

glock75

Post by glock75 »

Got this email from RSD today:

"You have completed the initial part of the Instructor Renewal application process and we need no further documentation at this time. Additional instructions regarding “phase two” and the completion of the renewal process will be provided in email at a later date.

* There will be no “In Person” classes or proficiency requirements this year for the instructor renewal."

I suppose 'phase two' is an online class.......
NRA, DPS and Rangemaster Certified Firearms Instructor
RWDefense.com

kjolly

Post by kjolly »

Received confirmation they have all information and forms they need and will be notified when phase 2 is ready.
Texas CHL Instructor, NRA Certified Trainer, IDPA
NRA Range Safety Officer

http://www.tacticalpistol.us

o b juan

Post by o b juan »

got the same email dated today 8:26am

but it came in as a spam will have to watch closely so I dont delete the next one from them
CHL Instructor since 95'/ School safety Since Jan 17' :patriot:

dogflight

Post by dogflight »

o b juan wrote:but it came in as a spam
THANKS so much for posting that. :cheers2: I checked my spam folder and sure enough, there it is. Never been filtered before.
Certified Texas LTC & NRA Instructor/Basic Pistol.

sf340b

Post by sf340b »

I finally got around to renewing today. I figured you guys have got all the bugs worked out by now.

Online app, cc info, attach certs and CHL-90, maybe 20 minutes tops.

What did I do wrong? That was way to easy.

RossA
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by RossA »

I applied by mail since I kept getting the error message. Haven't received any information about any Phase 2. Anyone know what that really is? I know that there are rumors of a video, but does anyone know for sure?
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

kg5ie

Post by kg5ie »

They finally posted info on the update process. They are revising the course curriculum and the test. Those will be out by 1/1/2016. They will be mailing the new certs soon. Looks like they gave up on the idea of making us watch a video and certify to that before issuing the cert. Anyway, they have posted info on the DPS site.
Bill Davis [kg5ie]
TX LTC Instructor / School Safety Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor
http://safe-2-carry.com

Topic author
twomillenium
Posts in topic: 6

Post by twomillenium »

Called Thursday 12-03-15, Was told that certifications were suppose to start being sent last week (Thanksgiving) but they will start sending next week. :confused5
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Topic author
twomillenium
Posts in topic: 6

Post by twomillenium »

just received this email!

CONGRATULATIONS

Our records indicate you have successfully completed the renewal process. Your new LTC Instructor Certificate which expires on December 31, 2017 is being mailed.

Updated training material including a revised course outline, student test and key, and a revised CHL-100 will be posted on our website in the near future. An email will be sent to Instructors advising when the revised materials are available on our website. A case sensitive password is located on the back of your certificate for access to the training material.

Legislative updates related to Handgun Licensing can be found on our website at: https://www.txdps.state.tx.us/RSD/CHL/L ... lation.htm. Please continue to monitor our website for updated Frequently Asked Questions.

Thank you for your continued support of the Handgun Licensing program.

Regulatory Services Division

Licensing and Registration Service
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

boomstick

Post by boomstick »

Got the same email! :anamatedbanana
SSGT, USAF Security Police (1975-1981)
NORAD Cheyenne Mountain, Osan AB Korea, Ellsworth AFB S.D.
TX CHL/LTC Instructor (2011-2017)
NRA Pistol Instructor (2015-2017)

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

Yep, me too. Now we just need the new curriculum from DPS. have seen a private entity adverising new curriculim, but would really like to see in B&W what DPS says. :txflag:
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

Return to “Instructors' Corner”