DPS Tactical Training Center

A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
BCGlocker
Posts in topic: 3

DPS Tactical Training Center

Post by BCGlocker »

Can someone tell me if DPS Tactical Training Center (Range) located at 810 CR 240, Florence, Texas is an indoor range or outdoor?
Texas LTC Instructor
Texas SSO Instructor
USCCA Certified Instructor
Range Master Certified Instructor

Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Re: DPS Tactical Training Center

Post by Keith B »

For CHL instructor qualification, the range is outside.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
BCGlocker

Post by BCGlocker »

Thanks. I was hoping for an outside range. Due to my nearsightedness, I found it was hard to see the X-ring at 15-yard clearly without my prescription glasses. I think the lighting at my local indoor range also has something to do with it. If I use my prescription glasses, I can see the X-ring OK, but my front sights is now blurring. A friend of mine suggest to get the prescription for one of my eye and clear class for another. Anyone else has this problem?
Texas LTC Instructor
Texas SSO Instructor

tlt

Post by tlt »

Tony's Range 10000 US Highway 183 N. Used to be Stan's. All outside ranges as well if it helps.

Seabear

Post by Seabear »

BCGlocker wrote:Thanks. I was hoping for an outside range. Due to my nearsightedness, I found it was hard to see the X-ring at 15-yard clearly without my prescription glasses. I think the lighting at my local indoor range also has something to do with it. If I use my prescription glasses, I can see the X-ring OK, but my front sights is now blurring. A friend of mine suggest to get the prescription for one of my eye and clear class for another. Anyone else has this problem?
The last few years I have been getting a set of mono-vision glasses made for shooting iron sights. Dominant eye set for the front sight to be in focus. The other eye is set for distance. Works great except I cant read the head stamp on my brass. I think this year I am going to have the same thing done but maybe with a bifocal in one lense so I can read up close.
Carry safe and carry when and where you can. I'm just sayin'.

Topic author
BCGlocker

Post by BCGlocker »

Seabear wrote:
The last few years I have been getting a set of mono-vision glasses made for shooting iron sights. Dominant eye set for the front sight to be in focus. The other eye is set for distance. Works great except I cant read the head stamp on my brass. I think this year I am going to have the same thing done but maybe with a bifocal in one lens so I can read up close.
Thank you for the information. I will try this.
Texas LTC Instructor
Texas SSO Instructor

RossA
Banned

Post by RossA »

Definitely! Have your dominant eye corrected so you can focus on the front sight, and your other eye for distance.
When I changed my left/right contact lens prescriptions, my shooting improved like crazy. All of a sudden I was able to follow my own advice to focus on the front sight.
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

Return to “Instructors' Corner”