CHL-8 Completion Question Out of State DL

A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
kg5ie
Posts in topic: 3

CHL-8 Completion Question Out of State DL

Post by kg5ie »

On the new 2016 LTC labeled CHL-8, what do you guys do with out-of-state drivers licenses that have letters in them, such as FL? The form field will not accept a letter if you attempt to type it in.

What I am doing is just typing in everything that I can, then printing the form...have to do that to sign anyway...and filling in the non-TX drivers license numbers with pen, scanning the doc and submitting. The FL numbers will hardly fit in the provided space with the letter, numbers and dashes. I suspect this is the best way, but I fear my handwriting will not be as clear as a typed number, especially after the scan.

Anyone got a better solution?

Thanks in advance....

Bill
Bill Davis [kg5ie]
TX LTC Instructor / School Safety Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor
http://safe-2-carry.com

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 1

Re: CHL-8 Completion Question Out of State DL

Post by twomillenium »

The chl 8 that says license to carry accepts letters. Make sure your using latest form.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Topic author
kg5ie

Post by kg5ie »

Thanks! You are correct. I was using the LTC chl-8 dated 12-30. It does not support letters in the DL field. The LTC chl-8 dated 1-5-16 does.

Interesting that the revision at the bottom of both forms say (Rev. 12/2015). However if you look at the file properties one is dated 12/30 the other is dated 1/5. They must have caught the error.

Thanks again!

Bill
Bill Davis [kg5ie]
NRA Pistol Instructor

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

They really, Really, REALLY need to have the revision dates of the forms on the download page.
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

Topic author
kg5ie

Post by kg5ie »

sjfcontrol wrote:They really, Really, REALLY need to have the revision dates of the forms on the download page.
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:
Bill Davis [kg5ie]
NRA Pistol Instructor

o b juan

Post by o b juan »

Well I have 4 0000s brfore my Inst # and they never show up down loaded the earlier dec CHL8 and have used about 35 in the last few weeks for a large # of Winter texans and the letters before their #s dont show up so I thought that would be ok.. Well went and looked @ the new one that takes the letters and have forgotten how I got my older one in mydocuments

Can someone advise me again how to move it over. Please

and sure am hoping that they dont send them back to the student for me to add the #
They have all the inf on the student and they are computer wizards.. and should be able to acces the letters that need to be in front of numbers
CHL Instructor since 95'/ School safety Since Jan 17' :patriot:

Return to “Instructors' Corner”