A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Tutorial Video: Applying for LTC & Uploading Documents

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Like most instructors, at the end of each LTC class, I explain how to apply for an LTC with DPS and how to upload documents. However, I still received numerous emails asking for that information again. I decided to record a video last month that explains the process and I want to let other instructors know about it. It's nothing fancy, it's just a screen capture of the process. Feel free to refer your students to it or to put a link to the video on your website. It may save you some time responding to calls or emails.

It's titled "Tutorial Video - DPS" on CottonFamily.com in the "Gun Related" section. (It's actually posted on YouTube and this is just a link.)

Chas.

AF-Odin

Re: Tutorial Video: Applying for LTC & Uploading Documents

Post by AF-Odin »

Charles

Thanks, good tutorial and will be a good compliment to the written "How-To-Guide" I currently provide my students. To paraphrase one of the instructors when I took my Instructor Course, I recommend the "Happy Path" of filling out all of the application on-line, getting fingerprints (and photo IF needed) and when all of that is OK, then scheduling the class and upon completion, uploading their CHL-100.

Thanks again for all your efforts on behalf of all of us.
Last edited by AF-Odin on Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

mrvmax

Re: Tutorial Video: Applying for LTC & Uploading Documents

Post by mrvmax »

Great info, I got my wife and daughters submitted using your video.

Return to “Instructors' Corner”