17ac land w/shooting range, targets etc - 1hr South of Austin

Items listed for over one month, or that were sold are listed here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Skydivesnake
Posts in topic: 3

17ac land w/shooting range, targets etc - 1hr South of Austin

Post by Skydivesnake »

(mods, apologies in advance if this breaks the Forum Rules, but it is genuinely firearm related)

Hi folks,

After ten years in Texas, I have relocated to Florida, and so am selling my beloved plot of land between San Marcos and Luling (actually on Plant Road), used exclusively for shooting and rabbit/squirrel hunting by myself and a few buddies. It's quite woody, but with some clearings, one of which I set up with some target stands w/AR500 plates, a dueling tree, some other hanging targets backed by a few mounds of dirt. There are close-in targets, another target stand at 65yds and another at about 140yds. An example picture of the main clearing is below, with a slideshow of various shots below that. These photos are from mid-June, so it is probably a bit grown up since then, the main shooting area is easily maintained though.

The neighbors are really friendly, and shoot on their own property - zero issues, ever, and no cop calls etc despite quite a few epic sessions. I really would like a shooter to pick this up, it has been A LOT of fun, and I really miss the place. Being able to shoot how you want (drawing, weapon transitions, rapid (controlled) strings on multiple targets at multiple distances, dueling tree drills etc etc) was great fun and had a huge impact on the overall shooting skill set of myself and my buddies. Yes, you do have to shoot safely, yes you do have to be careful your rounds end up in the body of the mounds of dirt, yes you are responsible for every round, yes there are risks. No safety lectures please.

The place also has lots of rabbits/squirrels and hogs in the thicker areas, and I have seen plenty of deer pass through.

It's currently listed in the 60k range, realtor is Ron Brewer (#:2596), rbrewer002@austin.rr.com. He will be happy to show folks around, no time wasters please. MLS is 213283.

Any questions please ping me and I'll be happy to get back to you.

Thanks and Best Regards, SDS

http://s819.photobucket.com/user/skydiv ... as%20Range
Last edited by Skydivesnake on Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jmorris
Posts in topic: 1

Re: 17ac land w/shooting range, targets etc - 1hr South of Austin

Post by jmorris »

I'm dying here. Looking for something like this east of San Antonio (Marion/Cibilo down to Adkins). This would be going for at least $170,000 there. Why am I always in the wrong place at the wrong time!!!
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

Eric Lamberson

Post by Eric Lamberson »

MLS Listing number?
Massad Ayoob Group Staff Instructor, NRA Life Member, Pistol instructor, and RSO;
Texas LTC Instructor, IDPA 6-gun Master, Suarez International Affiliate

Topic author
Skydivesnake

Post by Skydivesnake »

Eric Lamberson wrote:MLS Listing number?
Ah, didn't think to add that - it's 213283

Topic author
Skydivesnake

Post by Skydivesnake »

jmorris wrote:I'm dying here. Looking for something like this east of San Antonio (Marion/Cibilo down to Adkins). This would be going for at least $170,000 there. Why am I always in the wrong place at the wrong time!!!
It's about 35 miles East of Marion according to Google maps.

It took me a long time to find, and I am now embarking on a similar search in S. Florida, I feel your pain :-)

jiannichan

Post by jiannichan »

Dang, I wish this was up here near DFW...Whoever buys this will be really lucky to have.
-jchan

Return to “Closed Items”