Help Needed - AR 15 Rear Plate W/ Sling Attschement

Items listed for over one month, or that were sold are listed here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 5

Help Needed - AR 15 Rear Plate W/ Sling Attschement

Post by carlson1 »

My son is a LEO and he is coming up for the weekend. He wants to go with a single point sling for his AR. I wanted to surprise him and be able to have a rear plate with the sling attachment.

Does anyone have one in the DFW area for sale or know where I can actually pick one up without ordering?
Please Email: pastor at fbcirving dot com

Thanks,
Carl

warnmar10
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Help Needed - AR 15 Rear Plate W/ Sling Attschement

Post by warnmar10 »

I bought mine at Gunmasters in Plano but I've seen them at Bass Pro in Grapevine and at Cabella's in Ft Worth.

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

warnmar10 wrote:I bought mine at Gunmasters in Plano but I've seen them at Bass Pro in Grapevine and at Cabella's in Ft Worth.
Thanks. I didn't know they carried AR parts.

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

Magpul makes one with a QD "hole" in it. Any place that stocks lots of magpul stuff could have one.

DSG Arms in S. Fort Worth has 45 of them in stock. $26ish.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

flowrie
Posts in topic: 1

Post by flowrie »

Cabelas has them, Magpul ASAP or the one for the QD.
Depends on the type of sling he has.
Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

J Wilson

Post by J Wilson »

Ya mite check with Riflegear in Plano.They have a bunch of AR stuff

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Thanks everyone. A Forum memeber sent me a PM and he has one. I sure didn't know the AR parts was so readily available. I have always ordered them.

As always this is the greatest place to get answers.

Carl

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

carlson1,

Would you happen to know the benefit/advantage of a single point sling vs a 2 point sling?

Thanks!

P.S. I have one VTAC and one VCAS 2 point slings and really like both, though the VCAS I just a little bit more.

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Abraham wrote:carlson1,

Would you happen to know the benefit/advantage of a single point sling vs a 2 point sling?

Thanks!

P.S. I have one VTAC and one VCAS 2 point slings and really like both, though the VCAS I just a little bit more.
I personally like the two point sling. My son says that the one point sling gives him more versatility with all of the gear he wears. He says it is easy to transition from his rifle and handgun. He just finished a patrol rifle school and decided he wanted the single point sling.

I know that wasn't much help, but that is all I know about the single point sling. Again I personally like and use the two point, but I am not wear a chest rig or a bunch of gear when I go shoot.

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

In case anyone else reads this and wants to know, Bass Pro in Grapevine carries the Magpul QD rear plate, but is out of stock as of 8/3/16.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

GT Distributors is located near I-635 and Northwest Hwy.

https://www.gtdist.com/products/firearm ... black.html
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

MadMonkey

Post by MadMonkey »

carlson1 wrote:
Abraham wrote:carlson1,

Thanks!

I personally like the two point sling. My son says that the one point sling gives him more versatility with all of the gear he wears. He says it is easy to transition from his rifle and handgun. He just finished a patrol rifle school and decided he wanted the single point sling.

I know that wasn't much help, but that is all I know about the single point sling. Again I personally like and use the two point, but I am not wear a chest rig or a bunch of gear when I go shoot.
For a LEO a single point may be more appropriate, since he's not likely to be walking around with a slung rifle all day.The only concern I have with single-point slings are the fact that they tend to bounce around when you're running if your hands are busy with something else (like a pistol) and because of their design, that can cause problems for us... gentlemen :oops:

But since a LEO is much more likely to be involved in an active shooter situation than a military-style patrol, the added maneuverability of a single-point can be a real help. In my experience they're less likely to get tangled up on other gear as well.
“Beware the fury of a patient man.” - John Dryden

george72

Post by george72 »

Maybe if you can find it on CheaperThanDirt you can get it in time with ground shipping. I usually get their stuff next day via ground shipping when using their "Warehouse 1," which I believe is in Texas.

warnmar10

Post by warnmar10 »

MadMonkey wrote:For a LEO a single point may be more appropriate, since he's not likely to be walking around with a slung rifle all day.The only concern I have with single-point slings are the fact that they tend to bounce around when you're running if your hands are busy with something else (like a pistol) and because of their design, that can cause problems for us... gentlemen :oops:

But since a LEO is much more likely to be involved in an active shooter situation than a military-style patrol, the added maneuverability of a single-point can be a real help. In my experience they're less likely to get tangled up on other gear as well.
Magpul MS4 Gen 2 Multi-Mission Single Point / 2 Point Sling with Dual QD Swivels Nylon For The Win!

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

One of our fine Forum members put me one in the mail today. :tiphat: This is a GGRREEAATT place.

Return to “Closed Items”