To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
orionengnr
Posts in topic: 3

Post by orionengnr »

Each time I leave the forum, I have to log in again.
Despite the fact that I always check "Remember me".
I don't remember this being an issue until recently.
What am I missing?

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 1

Re: log in?

Post by Grayling813 »

Topic author
orionengnr

Post by orionengnr »

Yep, I posted this thread at noon today, come back at 8 and...have to log in again.
And it sits and spins for 60 seconds before something clicks.
Something is definitely wrong here....

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

Right now is the first time I've been able to get on in several days; just kept timing out. And, yep, this is probably the 5th time I've had to log-in this month. The last stable release of the forum software was v3.3.11, published last October. I don't think there's a way to tell what version is running unless you have admin rights, but I kinda doubt the board is current, and some versions of the PHP code interpreter as well as the MySQL database have been deprecated and retired during the last couple of years. It could be that there's a disconnect in the versions of those three elements that's contributing to the weird behavior we've been seeing the past several months.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

Yep, same issues. For me has been going on the better part of a month. Difficulty getting to the site and then having to re-log in every time.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

JRG

Post by JRG »

Same thing happens to me also.

Joe

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

same
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Rafe wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:21 pm Right now is the first time I've been able to get on in several days; just kept timing out. And, yep, this is probably the 5th time I've had to log-in this month. The last stable release of the forum software was v3.3.11, published last October. I don't think there's a way to tell what version is running unless you have admin rights, but I kinda doubt the board is current, and some versions of the PHP code interpreter as well as the MySQL database have been deprecated and retired during the last couple of years. It could be that there's a disconnect in the versions of those three elements that's contributing to the weird behavior we've been seeing the past several months.
I took a gander at the source code for this page, and I see multiple references to a "version 207," but mostly referring to the template, style sheets, and other inclusions. I don’t know if this actually means something like "version 2.07" or not, but if it does, then updates are way behind.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
orionengnr

Post by orionengnr »

Any way to make mods aware of this (for escalation), or are they aware?

Mel

Post by Mel »

I'm sure they're aware of the problem. It's been happening for months. Looks like either no one is interested or has the authority. This has made the forum all but useless.
Mel
Airworthiness Inspector specializing in Experimental and Light-Sport Aircraft since the last Century.

Boxerrider

Post by Boxerrider »

I've been having the same login problem on my computer, but no problem on my iphone.
Since the last login problem with this site was link-related, I tried those same steps again;

Delete the bookmark
Internet search for, "Texas CHL Forum"
Open the link to login
Save it as a bookmark

I did this yesterday morning and it continues to work ok for me today. We'll see how long it holds up.
Enjoy!

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

I think the forum is dying a slow death. I'm not a tech guru, but I assume software gets out of date and no longer functions at some point. Participation is down drastically maybe due to access issues, but it was steadily diminishing anyway. I hope I'm wrong, since it's an outstanding, clean and informational place for 2A and SD firearm discussions.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Try using the secure SSL url of https://texaschlforum.com/ and see if that resolves the issue.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

I have not really had an issue on my PC but when I tried to log in on my phone, it tells me I have an incorrect password. Now it says I have to many attempts and must contact admin for a code. Still logged in om PC though. BTW, same password I've used since I've been a member
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”