Bringing members back

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
HighVelocity
Posts in topic: 3

Bringing members back

Post by HighVelocity »

I took a look at the members list and noticed that there are a lot of folks registered, some since 12/04 that have never posted.
Is it possible to send a mass email to all registered members to rekindle interest for those that may have forgotten about this site?

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I just checked the "mass email" administrator feature. I can send a mass email to all members, or to user groups. I cannot set filters such as a certain number of posts.

This means I'd have to send a mass email to everyone, or go through and create a user group containing the approx. 100 members who have registered without posting. I'm afraid neither of these options are too attractive. That said, I may start a user group for these folks and spend a few minutes every day or so adding people to the group. To complicate matters, I cannot add a member to a user group from the Membership List. I have to do it from within the Administrator console. However, I cannot see a list of users and the number of their posts from within the Administrator console, so I'll have to block copy and print the list. I also have to be sure not to include recently registered people, so this may take a while.

Good idea,
Chas.

Topic author
HighVelocity

Post by HighVelocity »

I'd say send it to everyone. Call it a Forum newsletter and highlight recent news in reciprocity etc.

Tom

Post by Tom »

So what is wrong with not posting?

Not everyone is as yakky as some of those here.
Half of imparting info is the reading part. If folks just want to read, then
let them.
I don't want to be receiving email that suggests that I need to post to
be a member of any forum.
Folks post when they believe that they have something to share. If a
significant percentage of the forum members are here to glean info what
is wrong with that?

IMHO just let it be.

Best Regards,

Tom

Topic author
HighVelocity

Post by HighVelocity »

Of course there's nothing wrong with not posting. I recognize quite a few of the user names though and I know they would/could contribute if they haven't forgotten about this site. A few folks I even know offline and I plan on reminding them when I see them.

The more active members the better imho.

res1b3uq

contribution

Post by res1b3uq »

Two sites that I used to enjoy visiting have recently closed because of lack of participation. One was a ccw forum. I try to participate when I can, but if you are discussing something I know very little about, I keep my keyboard shut. "It is better to remain silent and appear a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt." MERRY CHRISTMAS, Y'ALL

KBCraig
Banned

Post by KBCraig »

HighVelocity wrote:I'd say send it to everyone. Call it a Forum newsletter and highlight recent news in reciprocity etc.
There's another word for that: spam.

If I sign up for a forum, I read the forum at my leisure. If I sign up for a listserv, I expect email whether I'm ready for it or not.

And I expect the two to be distinct.

Kevin

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 2

Post by stevie_d_64 »

I know...I know...

I'm a bit yakky...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

stevie_d_64 wrote:I know...I know...

I'm a bit yakky...
+1 :lol:
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 2

Post by stevie_d_64 »

gigag04 wrote:
stevie_d_64 wrote:I know...I know...

I'm a bit yakky...
+1 :lol:
Thanks you for yer support...

I'm in counseling now...

The meds are starting to kick in...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

dws1117

Post by dws1117 »

Keep on being yakky.

On topic. It wouldn't bother me a bit to get a general reminder email stating that the forum is alive and kicking. Some of the folks that registered did so at a time when the forum was new and there wasn't much activity. In the following year, membership has grown and the activity level is up. Some of those that became members did so looking for information and discussion. Now there is an abundance of both.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

How about sending a mass e-mail about the forums birthday. Not advertisement, just a thank you from the forum for a year of great reading and fellowship. I would also act as a reminder that we are here

Just my .02
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”