Case Law and Deadly Force Resources

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Flatland2D
Posts in topic: 1

Case Law and Deadly Force Resources

Post by Flatland2D »

In lieu of the recent threads on deadly force, I would like to request some kind of resource for posting case law and articles where deadly force was used. My CHL instructor included a number of deadly force cases in his class which I found very helpful, but I don't remember the exact cases, only the major details. I think being able to read through what has already been decided as ok or not ok in court would be a great resource to everyone on this site and for referencing in debates. This could also include cases involving brandishing or accidental flashing if anyone has every been tried for that. Basically, any case tried in Texas regarding CHL laws or PC Section 9.

For example, maybe there could be a section of the forum for "Case law and use of deadly force" where someone could post a thread about Mr. Hale's incident, which would contain copied and pasted articles or links about what happened, and any details about the case (what were the major points presented on each side) or a transcript if it exists. Whatever's out there. I'd like to soak up as much information as possible.

I don't know if something like this already exists, or how to go about looking up cases relating to CHL laws, so if there is already such a thing already maybe someone could explain where to find that.

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”