What Works/What doesn't == Reviews

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
gigag04
Posts in topic: 1

What Works/What doesn't == Reviews

Post by gigag04 »

Since the What works/ What doesn't forum doesn't have that many posts as is - I make a motion that we rename it "reviews" and sticky or move all of Stephen A. Camp's excellent write ups over there.

Anyone second?
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I like the idea of getting Stephen's reviews out of the General Section and making them a sticky. I looked at the posts in the What Works/ What Doesn't Section and a number of them aren't really reviews, so a caption that merely says "Reviews" is going to be somewhat misleading to new folks.

The posts that are not reviews may be fine to put in the General discussion areas, but I had hoped that the What Works/What Doesn't Section would be a good resource for people new to CHL and would help them get up to speed quicker by learning from the experience of others. I also view that section as a place for people to post their “operational� type questions, like the one by Carlson1 on 9mm v. .38 Super. If I bury the "hey, this is really neat," the " hey, this is terrible," or “how do you guys do this� posts in the General Section, they are far less likely to be found once they are old enough to migrate down the list in the General section.

How would you feel about me changing the What Works/What Doesn’t forum description to include reviews and then move all of Stephen's reviews and make each a sticky? Moving them will take a while, but I can work on it a little at a time. I could also move existing holster reviews into that section and put a notice in the Holsters & Accessories section saying that they have been moved.

Chas.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Well, obviously my prior post is now meaningless! We have a new forum, Camp's Corner that will house all of Stephen's excellent reviews, past and future.

Thanks for the idea.

Chas.

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”