TexasCHLforum moving to dedicated server

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

texanjoker

Re: TexasCHLforum moving to dedicated server

Post by texanjoker »

Thanks!

JJVP
Posts in topic: 1

Post by JJVP »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:The TexasCHLforum will be moving to a different web host in the next few days. I had hoped to get through the legislative session without having to deal with this issue, but my current host is really pushing to get it done.

I'll let everyone know when a date is set, but I expect it to be around the first of February. Hopefully, the Forum will only be down a few hours, if that. The transition should go smoothly but I obviously want to test the new installation before going live.

Chas.
If you still asking for voluntary contributions, how do we do that?
2nd Amendment. America's Original Homeland Security.
Alcohol, Tobacco , Firearms. Who's Bringing the Chips?
No Guns. No Freedom. Know Guns. Know Freedom.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

JJVP wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:The TexasCHLforum will be moving to a different web host in the next few days. I had hoped to get through the legislative session without having to deal with this issue, but my current host is really pushing to get it done.

I'll let everyone know when a date is set, but I expect it to be around the first of February. Hopefully, the Forum will only be down a few hours, if that. The transition should go smoothly but I obviously want to test the new installation before going live.

Chas.
If you still asking for voluntary contributions, how do we do that?
Yes, I'll be setting that up on the revised http://www.TexasFirearmsCoalition.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; website that should go live today or tomorrow. Thanks for asking.

Chas.

Teamless
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Teamless »

Donated! Keep up the good fight Charles!
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

pcgizzmo

Post by pcgizzmo »

I will support this forum w/$$$ but this seems like as good of time as any to mention this yet again. I've been shot down before so why not once more. I would be willing to probably contribute even more if I could view the forum on one of the two popular applications for smart phones and tablets (Forum Runner or Tapatalk)

I spend a lot of time away from my PC and it's totally ridiculous to have to squint to see the tiny text of this forum in a browser when there are perfectly acceptable alternatives that make it readable from a smart phone or tablet.

I realize there have been some security concerns w/these applications but I now think they have been fixed. I'm a network administrator. There are issues with everything and after you patch the issue there are more issues. So it's always a concern.

I know I'm not the only one that feels this way on the forum. I spend much more time on a couple of other forums because there easy to read from a phone/tablet but I truly would like to spend more time here because I feel it is a good forum with good people and good information.

Like I said I will be happy to contribute funds but also pay more for features that would make the forum even more user friendly. Thanks..

AEA

Post by AEA »

Lots of images not showing up in posts (using FF with auto load images active).

Not sure if it is the posters not posting them correctly or what. But Charles, your image test of the NRA meeting showed up fine.

I am seeing a lot of just the word "Image" (non link) and no pictures.

EDIT: Images are working correctly. One of the Mods posted a image test and it worked fine for me. I am seeing other images as well from other posters in various sections.

So the ones I saw that just said "Image" are actually a problem with the way it was posted.

Sorry for the false alarm.
:oops:
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

AEA wrote:Lots of images not showing up in posts (using FF with auto load images active).

Not sure if it is the posters not posting them correctly or what. But Charles, your image test of the NRA meeting showed up fine.

I am seeing a lot of just the word "Image" (non link) and no pictures.

EDIT: Images are working correctly. One of the Mods posted a image test and it worked fine for me. I am seeing other images as well from other posters in various sections.

So the ones I saw that just said "Image" are actually a problem with the way it was posted.

Sorry for the false alarm.
:oops:
It wasn't really a false alarm. It seems that images that were posted or embedded in a post are showing up fine. However, if an image was made an attachment to a post so that there was a thumbnail created with a link to the full image pre-mirgation, they aren't working now. I tested both images and attachments and new ones (i.e. post-mogration) are working fine.

I have a support ticket in progress.

Chas.

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”