Migration to VirtBiz Complete

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 5

Migration to VirtBiz Complete

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Well, you already know this, but the migration to the new web host (VirtBiz) is compete and everything seems to be working fine. Please report any bugs you may find by posting to this thread.

I want to thank KeithB for putting me in touch with the great folks at VirtBiz. They gave me a great price and it won't be necessary to accept donations to support the Forum.

I also want to thank the folks at VirtBiz for their help in making this transition quick and easy.

Chas.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Migration to VirtBiz Complete

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Charles, what kind of hosting interface are they using?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

RottenApple
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RottenApple »

Charles, thank you for keeping this forum going and finding us a new home. This is an awesome place to share stories, learn new things, and challenge old ideas. I've learned a lot from everyone here, even from those whom I've disagreed with.

ChrisFromDallas
Posts in topic: 6

Post by ChrisFromDallas »

Hi there. I'm Chris from the hosting company. Welcome, texaschlforum.com! Glad to have you on the network.
The Annoyed Man wrote:Charles, what kind of hosting interface are they using?
We have a handful of control panels available, including,
- cPanel
- Plesk
- BlueOnyx

We are the host datacenter for the Open Source BlueOnyx control panel project. It's my personal favorite, but there are advantages to each. The main thing is that we have chosen to support industry-standard control panels rather than one-offs or proprietary systems. If we can help out with a project, call us up (number is on our website at http://www.virtbiz.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) or fire an email to our sales at virtbiz.com address and we'll be glad to help. Past that, you won't hear from me again on the topic unless asked!
http://www.virtbiz.com
Server Colocation | Dedicated Server | Webhosting | Development

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Well, this is a bit ironic. You folks have obviously been back for a while, but I'm just now joining the party. The actual migration took just over an hour and that's largely because the database is rather large. However, my "big" machine still points to the old address and I see the message about the migration being completed and wait for the domain name to resolve to the new server.

It must be a cache issue, but I've cleared everything I know to clear in Firefox and IE. Oh well, I'm going back to work and I'll have to use my laptop to check in until the other machine decides to cooperate. Judging by the very few people logged in, I suspect others are having this problem too.

Thanks to Chris and Stuart for the very smooth migration.

Chas.

JMPJr
Posts in topic: 1

Post by JMPJr »

Everything is working well for me. I noticed downtime of less than an hour so obviously didn't catch it right at the begining.

Good work!

Keith B
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Keith B »

Folks can use the IP temporarily until their DNS catches up 208.77.216.52
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Well, I guess the cache wasn't as clear as I thought. I'm finally back with my "big" machine.

Chas.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mojo84 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:Well, I guess the cache wasn't as clear as I thought. I'm finally back with my "big" machine.

Chas.
Welcome to your forum, Mr. Cotton. :lol:
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

lrpettit

Post by lrpettit »

Could be my imagination but it seems faster!
Opinions are my own, commonly worthless, and should not be relied upon. I am not a lawyer.
LTC Holder

Keith B
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Keith B »

lrpettit wrote:Could be my imagination but it seems faster!
Well, we must have the same imagination then, because I was thinking the same thing. :thumbs2:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 2

Post by baldeagle »

So when's the party to celebrate the move? :biggrinjester:
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

:iagree: very cool!
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

The Annoyed Man

I just got a text message from longhorn_92 saying he couldn't access the site on his phone. I'm going to have to tell him to put the phone down and pay attention to traffic. :lol:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

The Annoyed Man

ChrisFromDallas wrote:Hi there. I'm Chris from the hosting company. Welcome, texaschlforum.com! Glad to have you on the network.
The Annoyed Man wrote:Charles, what kind of hosting interface are they using?
We have a handful of control panels available, including,
- cPanel
- Plesk
- BlueOnyx

We are the host datacenter for the Open Source BlueOnyx control panel project. It's my personal favorite, but there are advantages to each. The main thing is that we have chosen to support industry-standard control panels rather than one-offs or proprietary systems. If we can help out with a project, call us up (number is on our website at http://www.virtbiz.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) or fire an email to our sales at virtbiz.com address and we'll be glad to help. Past that, you won't hear from me again on the topic unless asked!
ChrisFromDallas, thanks for the answer. I lease my current server from MediaTemple, and it comes with the Parallels Plesk Panel 11.0 interface pre-installed. I've had cPanel experience, but no BlueOnyx experience; but between Plesk and cPanel, I MUCH prefer Plesk.

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”