Migration to VirtBiz Complete

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

TexasGal
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Migration to VirtBiz Complete

Post by TexasGal »

baldeagle wrote:So when's the party to celebrate the move? :biggrinjester:
Yeah, which range? :evil2:

Thank You, Mr Cotten for keeping this place awesome!
The Only Bodyguard I Can Afford is Me
Texas LTC Instructor Cert
NRA Life Member

92f-fan
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 92f-fan »

Interesting - Glad to see the site got more performance for less $$

I was looking for more details since Im considering moving my dedicated server from an out of state provider
Found these things on the vertbiz website:
The site is really slow.
Almost no details of what is included with the servers. Info on bandwidth, support, backup services available, options for SSD drives. etc
Once in the cart all the other non cart links dont work - the contact us link, support link - the faq link - both in the header and the footer, seems the cart ignores them. Tried 3 different browsers.
Prices seem good and I like supporting a fellow gun enthusiast but
these issues dont give me a warm fuzzy
Maybe they sell mostly on the phone. But isnt that kinda ironic for a hosting company ?

Keith B
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Keith B »

92f-fan wrote:Interesting - Glad to see the site got more performance for less $$

I was looking for more details since Im considering moving my dedicated server from an out of state provider
The site is really slow.
Almost no details of what is included with the servers. Info on bandwidth, support, backup services available, options for SSD drives. etc
Once in the cart all the other non cart links dont work - the contact us link, support link - the faq link - both in the header and the footer, seems the cart ignores them. Tried 3 different browsers.
Maybe they sell mostly on the phone. But isnt that kinda ironic for a hosting company ?
You need to call nd talk to them. I think you would be impressed.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

A-R

Post by A-R »

All this computer geek talk is making my noggin hurt :headscratch

Can we get back to powder burn rates, MOA, hammer spring tension recommendations etc ... or just K.I.S.S. and talk about Glocks?

:anamatedbanana

But seriously, I never noticed a thing - site was offline Friday AM as advertised by Chas and is now up and running fine.

For the rest of us computer neophytes, web-hosting etc is like a baseball umpire ... they're at their best when they go totally unnoticed.

Anyway, nice job everyone :clapping: :cheers2:

Wish I could understand what the heck y'all are talking about, but I'll just go back to reading about legal theories, terminal ballistics, and the stupidity of gun-grabbing libtards.

As always, this is The Best forum on the net.

:tiphat:

FishInTx
Posts in topic: 1

Post by FishInTx »

Am I logged on?

RottenApple

Post by RottenApple »

FishInTx wrote:Am I logged on?
Nope. :evil2:

92f-fan

Post by 92f-fan »

A-R wrote:All this computer geek talk is making my noggin hurt :headscratch
Can we get back to powder burn rates, MOA, hammer spring tension recommendations etc ... or just K.I.S.S. and talk about Glocks?
burn rates ? Moa ? Spring tension adjustments ? All Greek to me

A-R

Post by A-R »

92f-fan wrote:
A-R wrote:All this computer geek talk is making my noggin hurt :headscratch
burn rates ? Moa ? Spring tension adjustments ? All Greek to me

Yeah, me too, but it sounded better than "duuuhhh ... :drool: "

:biggrinjester:

ChrisFromDallas
Posts in topic: 6

Post by ChrisFromDallas »

92f-fan wrote:Interesting - Glad to see the site got more performance for less $$

The site is really slow.
We started life as a web hosting company, but we've morphed into so much more. Consequently, the whole website for online sales and whatnot has really taken a back seat. Our own website basically dates back to when we popped in a shiny new PowerEdge 1650. For those of you not familiar, that's now a pretty ancient little box. Think Pentium III. That's about the last time we actually touched our own site.

The bulk of our business now comes from dedicated servers, managed services and server colocation, which isn't something most folks tend to buy online. We're a boutique, and consequently the services we provide are usually customized to a client. The hosting for this site is an example. We have some neat plans to significantly upgrade our own online presence, but honestly we haven't been hurting for business (a good problem to have), so it hasn't been a big priority. Is it the right answer? Not necessarily. But it's the honest one.

Thanks for the opportunity to respond!
http://www.virtbiz.com
Server Colocation | Dedicated Server | Webhosting | Development

ChrisFromDallas

RX8er wrote:I think I may have discovered an issue. It seems that I can no longer open images that were added as attachments to posts. here are a couple sites:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=62614" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
download/file.php?id=4034&mode=view" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hey RX8er, I think you should find now that the issue was cleared up. There's a long explanation that our Support guys found and I won't go into repeating it but the bottom line is the images had been corrupted in the transfer and that it should be corrected now. If you go to a page that had a problem before, it may be necessary for you to CTRL-F5 to bypass the cache, but once you do that, the images will pop up like normal again.

OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

Odd, my subscription emails are starting to use IP addresses like this:
http://208.77.216.52/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=62988" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think something got broke. Was working correctly last night.
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

Keith B
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Keith B »

OldCannon wrote:Odd, my subscription emails are starting to use IP addresses like this:
http://208.77.216.52/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=62988" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mine are coming through with http://www.texaschlforum.com.." onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. in the link. Try clearing your browser cache and history and see if that clears the issue.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

RX8er

Post by RX8er »

ChrisFromDallas wrote:Hey RX8er, I think you should find now that the issue was cleared up. There's a long explanation that our Support guys found and I won't go into repeating it but the bottom line is the images had been corrupted in the transfer and that it should be corrected now. If you go to a page that had a problem before, it may be necessary for you to CTRL-F5 to bypass the cache, but once you do that, the images will pop up like normal again.
Chris, thanks for the update. All seems to work correct.
OldCannon wrote:Odd, my subscription emails are starting to use IP addresses like this:
http://208.77.216.52/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=62988" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I think something got broke. Was working correctly last night.
OldCannon, FYI, I just received an email notification for this thread at 9:24 and it came across correct. I'll keep an eye on my notifications and see what happens.

If you want to view the newest post made since your last visit, click the
following link:
http://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php? ... 0&e=773200" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Final Shot offers Firearms / FFL Transfers / CHL Instruction. Please like our Facebook Page.
If guns kill people, do pens misspell words?
I like options: Sig Sauer | DPMS | Springfield Armory | Glock | Beretta

ChrisFromDallas

This may also depend on the URL that was used to post. It's possible that some users may still be coming in using that temporary IP-based link. I don't recommend that, since it was a temporary measure and will most likely be deactivated soon. In other words, I would encourage users/posters to be using the texaschlforum.com URL and not one with an IP address in it.

OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

ChrisFromDallas wrote:

This may also depend on the URL that was used to post. It's possible that some users may still be coming in using that temporary IP-based link. I don't recommend that, since it was a temporary measure and will most likely be deactivated soon. In other words, I would encourage users/posters to be using the texaschlforum.com URL and not one with an IP address in it.
No, what I'm saying is that the automated emails I'm getting from txchlforum.com are using IP addresses in the emails.
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”