need a feedback forum

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

chuck j
Posts in topic: 1

Re: need a feedback forum

Post by chuck j »

Might be nice , many gun forums have one . It's good to hear when people have a smooth transaction . Usually anyone who can be proven ripped someone off is banned , could be a small tool to promote honesty .

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

I don't think we need one.

First of all, this is not a commercial forum.

Second, only participating members are allowed to post.

All of my transactions have been terrific and have been with long-time forum members.

A bad transaction would be the exception. Word would get around very quickly.

The only "bad transaction" I had was when AEA sent his PM a minute before me and beat me out of a good deal. :mrgreen:

About a year later his sold the gun and I bought it from him, so it all worked out in the end.

NRA Endowment Member

Dirthawking

Post by Dirthawking »

Why not post this in the site suggestions forum?
Some people simply need a high five, to the face, with a chair!

OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

WildBill wrote: First of all, this is not a commercial forum.
This.

:iagree:
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

We will not be putting in a feedback section. The market area is here only as a courtesy to our regular members who contribute in other areas and not a commercial gun selling site. Those that try to use it as such will be blocked from the Market Section completely. We have several times thought about removing any for sale sections, but do see our membership likes the chance to swap and trade with other TexasCHLForum members, so we have left it. It will stay as long as our membership doesn't abuse the availability.

With that said, the best place to post feedback on a seller is in the topic itself. If a member has an item for sale, then go search for their previous postings in the Market Section and see how those were received.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

I have never noticed any hesitation for most members on this forum to provide feedback.

:biggrinjester:

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

hpcatx

Post by hpcatx »

I would also add that after the last couple of years, I feel like I've gotten to personally know many of the regular contributors here. If you are uncomfortable with the member offering the sale/trade, maybe you should participate longer and get a better feel for who the person may be before committing to the deal. My only regrets are now that I live out of state the chances for FTF social encounters are much less frequent and any of the courtesies members may extend to one another will now require a FFL for me to complete.
"We have four boxes with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." - L. McDonald

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”