My post was deleted??

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
adwmac6
Posts in topic: 4

My post was deleted??

Post by adwmac6 »

I am wondering why a response I posted to a item for sale was deleted. The seller posted a used item for a price much higher than it was being sold from the items manufacturer. I politely informed the seller that the item could be found cheaper from the manufacturer in new condition. I added the manufacturer's link for verification. I was interested in following the thread in case the seller lowered the price to one that I would be interested in. A day later I noticed that my post had been removed and so I was no longer subscribed to the thread. What did I do wrong? I want to be sure that I do not do it again. Thanks

Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 1

Re: My post was deleted??

Post by Jumping Frog »

Questioning a moderator's actions is more appropriately done via PM instead of calling it out in public.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

SATX-Scrub

Post by SATX-Scrub »

ETA: Covered by next post!
Last edited by SATX-Scrub on Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“He looked like an accountant or a serial-killer type. Definitely one of the service industries.”
― Kinky Friedman, Elvis, Jesus, and Coca-Cola
http://atomicnumber13.blogspot.com/

Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Keith B »

Members can post an item at whatever price they like. If you don't care for it, move on, but don't challenge them in the forum on it.

Keith B

Topic author
adwmac6

Post by adwmac6 »

Jumping Frog wrote:Questioning a moderator's actions is more appropriately done via PM instead of calling it out in public.
I wasn't aware that I should PM a random moderator. Posting in the Question Section seemed quite safe to do when I had a question. In other forums that I have been a member of, the moderator ALWAYS PM'ed the poster when their post was in violation. Honestly, I wasn't even sure if the moderator was the ONLY one that could delete the post or if the OP had that that power too.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

It's generally considered bad form to post a lower price in a for sale thread follow up.
Generally, if you're trying to help someone set a proper price, it's best handled in a PM.
I've found that it's not uncommon to see something for sale at a seemingly high price and find out later that I failed to read about some enhancement or aftermarket farkle that justifies the higher price. I've also seen an example of where a PM caused the seller to realize they forgot to mention said farkle in their for sale ad. So.. If something looks fishy, a PM is usually th3e best first step.

Welcome.!
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Topic author
adwmac6

Post by adwmac6 »

Keith B wrote:Members can post an item at whatever price they like. If you don't care for it, move on, but don't challenge them in the forum on it.

Keith B
I was trying to be nice. I know I would have liked to be notified if something I posted for sale would never sale due to a 20% overprice. My largest concern is why the post was deleted without any notification of why or by whom.

Topic author
adwmac6

Post by adwmac6 »

RoyGBiv wrote:It's generally considered bad form to post a lower price in a for sale thread follow up.
Generally, if you're trying to help someone set a proper price, it's best handled in a PM.
I've found that it's not uncommon to see something for sale at a seemingly high price and find out later that I failed to read about some enhancement or aftermarket farkle that justifies the higher price. I've also seen an example of where a PM caused the seller to realize they forgot to mention said farkle in their for sale ad. So.. If something looks fishy, a PM is usually th3e best first step.

Welcome.!
Noted

Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Keith B »

You now know the guidelines for this forum. Apparently the moderator failed to notify you. It happens.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”