Suggestion

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
NguyenVanDon
Posts in topic: 1

Suggestion

Post by NguyenVanDon »

Hey Charles,

Is there anyway we can have an "Off Topic" section on the forum and talk about other stuff that is not related to CHL and Firearms in general. It would be nice to have one. Just wondering if this has ever been mentioned here yet...

GlockenHammer

Post by GlockenHammer »

Of course Charles can answer for the forum, but I can tell you that this has been discussed. Unfortunately, this becomes a very slippery slope in terms of what is acceptable for the forum and what is not. Also, it is a greater demand on our volunteer moderators to keep up with the additional workload.

I agree that this forum has a wonderful membership and is a great group of people to chat with about non-gun/CHL related matters, so I see the point of your request.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

We have had at least three requests for a true "general" section and after considering it, we decided not to take on that project for the reasons Glockenhammer stated.

The forum has grown a great deal in the last several months and the workload as increased by at least 50%. In fact, we are trying to change the way we cover the forum to distribute this workload better. Taking on additional work just isn't in the cards, at least not now.

Chas.

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”