Was the forum restored from a backup?

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

G.A. Heath
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Was the forum restored from a backup?

Post by G.A. Heath »

It's my fault folks, I plugged in a busted flux capacitor while viewing the forum. Sorry :tiphat:
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

G.A. Heath wrote:It's my fault folks, I plugged in a busted flux capacitor while viewing the forum. Sorry :tiphat:
It was that partial package of spicy ketchup from whataburger that went into the Mr. Fusion...
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I've noticed a couple of my posts missing also. As Keith said, we're trying to see what happened.

On a related note, it looks like the Forum is going to have to move to a dedicated server or a VPS, either of which are going to cost almost 30 times what I'm paying now. For the first time in the 9+ year history of the Forum, it may be necessary to take supporting donations. I still will not accept any commercial advertising. I'll post something on this in a separate thread.

Chas.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:I've noticed a couple of my posts missing also. As Keith said, we're trying to see what happened.

On a related note, it looks like the Forum is going to have to move to a dedicated server or a VPS, either of which are going to cost almost 30 times what I'm paying now. For the first time in the 9+ year history of the Forum, it may be necessary to take supporting donations. I still will not accept any commercial advertising. I'll post something on this in a separate thread.

Chas.
:thumbs2: You can count on my support. :txflag:
NRA Endowment Member

jmra
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jmra »

WildBill wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:I've noticed a couple of my posts missing also. As Keith said, we're trying to see what happened.

Chas.
:thumbs2: You can count on my support. :txflag:
Mine also.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Count me in! :thumbs2:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

LikesShinyThings

Post by LikesShinyThings »

Unfortunately, I seem to have long periods where I can't get to the forum, but I wholeheartedly would make a contribution to support it. Charles, can you give me an idea as to where/how you might post information about making donations, so I can make a point of putting it on my 'keep an eye here' list?
TSRA Life Member, NRA Benefactor Member, TX CHL

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”