Senior Members

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
baldeagle
Posts in topic: 1

Senior Members

Post by baldeagle »

I noticed that people get the Senior Member title with relatively few posts. Maybe we need some additional titles. Like for TAM - Super-Sniper, for guys with over 5000 posts - Super-Marksman, over 1000 - Marksman, over 500 - Steady-Shooter, etc., etc. :biggrinjester:
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

mojo84

Re: Senior Members

Post by mojo84 »

I thought you were talking about old folks. :)
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

The Wall

Post by The Wall »

Since this is a Texas forum maybe names related to westerns would be better. Moderators could be Sheriffs. Senior members could be Old Timers.
New members could be Stable Cookies, or Cowhands etc. etc. :lol:

Abraham
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Abraham »

These are a few of the frivolous things...sung to the tune of Julie Andrews "These are a few of my favorite things"

You can call me R.J., but ya doesn't have to call me Old Timer (even if I are so...)

WildBill
Posts in topic: 5

Post by WildBill »

baldeagle wrote:I noticed that people get the Senior Member title with relatively few posts. Maybe we need some additional titles. Like for TAM - Super-Sniper, for guys with over 5000 posts - Super-Marksman, over 1000 - Marksman, over 500 - Steady-Shooter, etc., etc. :biggrinjester:
I don't think TAM meant it as a personal attack, but once he called me a "piker". :mrgreen:
NRA Endowment Member

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

The Wall wrote:Since this is a Texas forum maybe names related to westerns would be better. Moderators could be Sheriffs. Senior members could be Old Timers.
New members could be Stable Cookies, or Cowhands etc. etc. :lol:
:iagree: Good idea tenderfoot. ;-)
NRA Endowment Member

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Wild Bill:

Well, he could have called you a scallywag, hooligan, rapscallion, a layabout, and a ne'er do well (sp?), but he didn't. :-)

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

I prefer my rapscallions chopped and tossed into a good green salad.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote:Wild Bill:

Well, he could have called you a scallywag, hooligan, rapscallion, a layabout, and a ne'er do well (sp?), but he didn't. :-)

SIA
Yes, I should count my blessings. :lol:
NRA Endowment Member

Richbirdhunter

Post by Richbirdhunter »

Call me what you like, I answer to Rich
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

WildBill wrote:
baldeagle wrote:I noticed that people get the Senior Member title with relatively few posts. Maybe we need some additional titles. Like for TAM - Super-Sniper, for guys with over 5000 posts - Super-Marksman, over 1000 - Marksman, over 500 - Steady-Shooter, etc., etc. :biggrinjester:
I don't think TAM meant it as a personal attack, but once he called me a "piker". :mrgreen:
Wrong. I called you a mere piker. "rlol"

I think that people with high counts should be called something like "Old Fat Guy", or "Beard of Knowledge"..... :smilelol5:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
WildBill wrote:

I think that people with high counts should be called something like "Old Fat Guy", or "Beard of Knowledge"..... :smilelol5:
I stand corrected "Old Bearded One". :smash:
NRA Endowment Member

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

I'm gonna just stand back here by the bar and watch you "old timers".
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Charlies.Contingency
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Charlies.Contingency »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
WildBill wrote:

I would title you and the other long timers our "village elders." I think it suits well. The village elders are the oldest and wisest of us all. :cheers2:

At what point do people get promoted to "senior member?" I would think that it would be at the choice of a moderator or administrator, being that some people just post a lot of, "yep" and "I agree" comments. I figured it would be more reserved for the serious seasoned members whom offer knowledge and engage in debates, etc.
Sent from Iphone: Please IGNORE any grammatical or spelling errors.
ALL of my statements are to be considered opinionated and not factual.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Must not be much going on of import today?

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”