Photo limitations

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Rex B
Posts in topic: 2

Photo limitations

Post by Rex B »

I just have one gripe about this excellent forum, and it's the software used. I just tried to post a photo of a 30.07 sign. I re-sized it down 8 or 10 times and still got the "File too large" error. I gave up at 376 kb, which is a tiny file by current standards.
This was initially a requirement on virtually all online forums, but most now have updated their software so that they accept any image size and performs the resize internally as required. TXCHL forum is the only one of the many forums I frequent that still makes me resize my photos.
Can you not fix this?
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Photo limitations

Post by Pawpaw »

It's only a limitation for photo attachments.

You can still post a large photo if you first store it somewhere (like Photobucket) and link to it. :tiphat:

Like this:

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Topic author
Rex B
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Photo limitations

Post by Rex B »

Sure, but that's just about as much trouble as opening a photo editor and downsizing it, Maybe more. Frankly, I post a lot of photos to many forums (fora?) and I rarely have to use Photobucket anymore. It's just a thing of the past - like size limitations.
Some of the better forums even let you copy and past directly into your post. It sizes it on the fly.
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”