Posts disappearing

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Rvrrat14
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Posts disappearing

Post by Rvrrat14 »

Thanks to all responses.....

Countryside
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Countryside »

They're disappearing? Hmmm, could be a disturbance in the time-space continuum.
(I know these things....I watch Star Trek.)

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

What I have noticed is if someone makes a post while you are responding there will be a second screen that pops up after you hit submit telling you that someone has posted in the thread and you aren't responding to the latest or some verbiage like that. If you don't see that message and hit submit again I don't think your post will be submitted.
This behavior is very evident to me. I simply make a point of hitting submit, then scrolling about after the screen refresh to ensure it did indeed submit, and if it didn't I will hit submit again.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

Rvrrat14 wrote:Over the past week I"ve replied/posted more than 3 times, only to discover it does not post to the forum. I see it on my end when I hit submit, but when I return later the the thread, it's not there.

I use an IPad device.

Is there a glitch or are my posts being deleted? Please help/advise.

Thanks!
I happens to me too.....for some reason it appears that on occasion the first time I click on submit nothing actually gets posted and I have to click submit a second time. If you click submit and afterwards the submit button is still active you need to do it again.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Topic author
Rvrrat14
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Rvrrat14 »

Thanks! Will try this.

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

I found that if I hit submit and then leave the page, the post will not appear in the thread. Now I wait until I actually see the post at the bottom of the thread. Haven't lost one since.
Charlie

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

TxRVer wrote:I found that if I hit submit and then leave the page, the post will not appear in the thread. Now I wait until I actually see the post at the bottom of the thread. Haven't lost one since.
Yep. You must wait until the forum has accepted the post before you can back off the page. :thumbs2:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

RPBrown wrote:I have noticed from time to time I will hit submit, then get another screen in which I have to hit submit again (not sure why). If I am in a hurry, I don't catch the second one before I move ahead and it will delete my post,

This has happened to me also I believe that if someone posts at the same time or a new post has shown up while you were typing it gives you the new screen that you will have to hit the submit button again. The only problem I have had with that is that it posts duplicate posts and I have to go in and delete one of them. That may be an issue with my equipment here at work I haven't noticed it from my phone.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

SA_Steve

Post by SA_Steve »

also, try hitting F5 (most win browzers) for a forced refresh
You may have the last word.

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”