Possible New Private Forum

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Possible New Private Forum

Post by baldeagle »

SewTexas wrote:Mr Cotton, please, if you need another moderator I'm happy to help. I'm typically around the forum 2 - 3 times a day.
I am willing to help as well.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Right2Carry
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Do You Really Want Peace and Unity?

Post by Right2Carry »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
brichard wrote:Charles
Thank you for yet another well thought out and well communicated communication.
Though I have never been opposed to open carry, I have been one that was always concerned by the potential impacts as you have mentioned.
Regarding limiting access to only those with a larger number of posts, I would like to mention that there are probably many members like myself that are not big posters, but get big benefits from the comments of others. I have been a member since 2011 and have very few personal posts or replies, but do monitor the forum several times a week to glean the knowledge of others. While I do not open carry at this time, I would like to be able to keep up with what is going on in that area along with concealed carry.
That's why implementing a private section is problematic. We have some viable methods, but they will be VERY labor-intensive.

Chas.
What about lower post counts can read but they just can't post until a certain post count is reached.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

Hot Dawg

Post by Hot Dawg »

I am on another forum that a member can set up a private group & they can invite who they want to join or kick out of the group.

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 2

Post by SewTexas »

Hot Dawg wrote:I am on another forum that a member can set up a private group & they can invite who they want to join or kick out of the group.
ehhhh, that sounds way too much like the "cool kids table"
that kind of stuff leads to trouble.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Rvrrat14

Post by Rvrrat14 »

"There are two primary factors that make a useful private forum a logistical nightmare to create. First, post counts won't work because we have long-term Members who don't post very often. We also have Members who are hanging on by a thread (in terms of always pushing the envelope on acceptable posts) but who have high post counts. We have anti-gun moles who have been registered for a good while. Post count won't work."

Hit the nail on the head....I can identify especially with "hanging on by a thread....." Wise decision overall.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

First, my ignorance of all things computer/internet is unfathomable.

That said: Would a private forum be more feasible if there was a cost to be a member?

I would be willing to pay to be a member, (minimum of $25.00 annually) most especially if I knew it would help keep out anti-gun types.

Just a thought...

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:As much as I wanted a private forum, there's no fair way to set it up without either leaving out good Members or letting in people I don't want in a private section. Please don't offer suggestions, our Moderators have considered this thoroughly and I don't want anyone to think we just ignored your input.

Chas.
'Nuff said, and I'll drop the matter.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”