Why was my thread deleted?

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
HistoryOfGuns
Posts in topic: 1

Why was my thread deleted?

Post by HistoryOfGuns »

I was asking a question for this community for something I was writing. I wanted some input since people here use guns and I thought a place like this would be good to ask.

mrvmax

Re: Why was my thread deleted?

Post by mrvmax »

You obviously violated a forum rule, you should pm a mod and not make a post a song why.

allisji

Re: Why was my thread deleted?

Post by allisji »

I cannot speak for the moderators of the site, and don't know why they chose to delete your topic. But I can speculate.

When I read your first post, I interpreted it as you were attempting to drive traffic to your website and advertise your upcoming book release. I didn't follow the link and I didn't report your post. The forum rules have outlined the capacity to which a forum user can advertise on the forum. It's pretty much limited to private firearm sales/firearm related gear sales and to instructors advertising upcoming firearms courses. Also, since your screenname is also the name of your book/website, it gives the impression of advertising.

Perhaps if you had come on the forum and joined in the discussion and in the context of the discussion and pertaining to the topic of discussion had referenced your website, then it wouldn't have been flagged as advertising.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”