Password recovery

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
LDB415
Posts in topic: 2

Password recovery

Post by LDB415 »

I got a new computer and can't remember my password. Is there a way toget the board to mail it to my registered email address? I can get in on my iPad but it's terribly slow. Thanks for any suggestions.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Password recovery

Post by Skiprr »

Since your new computer doesn't have a "Remember me" cookie stored from the Forum, you should be able to go the Forum index page on that computer and see the "Login" option to the right, just below the top banner. When you click that, you should see something like the image below:

Enter your board username, then click "I forgot my password". The board will generate a new password for you and send it to the email address used in your registration. Once done, your iPad will no longer correctly remember you. If you want to use it in the future, you'll need to log-in from scratch on the iPad and check the "Remember me" box before clicking the Login button.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Topic author
LDB415
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Password recovery

Post by LDB415 »

Thank you. I don't know why I didn't see that initially. It worked. Thank you again.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”