Changing Email

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RossA
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Changing Email

Post by RossA »

I need to change my email address. I went to my control panel, and saw how to change my password, but there didn't appear to be any way to change my email.
Help, please?
Thanks
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

Jusme

Re: Changing Email

Post by Jusme »

Go to account settings and then edit profile, just below the place to change your password, enter your current password, and then you can change your e-mail, and other things.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Topic author
RossA
Banned

Post by RossA »

I tried that, but when I entered my password and hit either Reset or Submit (tried them both), I got a message that said that my profile had been updated, before it would let me edit my email.
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

RossA wrote:I tried that, but when I entered my password and hit either Reset or Submit (tried them both), I got a message that said that my profile had been updated, before it would let me edit my email.

OK I'm not sure then. I have never tried to do that I just saw the instructions, it may be a moderator question.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Teamless
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Teamless »

RossA,
Im with you
I had forgotten to change my email address when I dropped the address I use on this board.
I tried, as you, and it only allowed me to change my password, but not my email address.

Ill follow this thread to learn how to change my email address as well.
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

jweg84
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jweg84 »

Skiprr,

Teamless is right. It seems that since you're an admin/moderator you have that ability but us lowly members do not. I'm not interested in changing my email but I believe it's an option in phpBB to allow or disallow members to change their email address. It's likely turned off for anyone below a moderator.
S&W M&P Shield 9mm rides around town in a Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Skiprr »

jweg84 wrote:Skiprr,

Teamless is right. It seems that since you're an admin/moderator you have that ability but us lowly members do not. I'm not interested in changing my email but I believe it's an option in phpBB to allow or disallow members to change their email address. It's likely turned off for anyone below a moderator.
After some additional research, you are absolutely correct. The board is set so that members cannot change their own email addresses. I don't know if that was always the case, but it certainly is now. The moderators don't have the ability to access the Administration Control Panel, but we can make the request for you if an email address needs to be changed. Just PM any of us.

Because it will likely be confusing for new members to sift through the incorrect information I previously posted--as well as some of the responses--I'm going to go back and delete several of the posts leading up to this one. Sorry 'bout that.

That'll teach me to assume that, for other than explicit moderator functions, ya'll see exactly what I see when logged in. ;-)
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

cowhow

Post by cowhow »

I know this post is a little long in tooth, but I also need to change my email address. What's the procedure for doing that?

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Vol Texan »

Just send a PM to one of the moderators.

Go to the bottom of the page and click 'The Team', and you'll find them.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

cowhow

Post by cowhow »

Thanks, Vol Texan. I'll do that.

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”