WTB: Remington 700P LTR or SPS Tactical

Items listed for over one month, or that were sold are listed here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
TheArmedFarmer
Posts in topic: 3

WTB: Remington 700P LTR or SPS Tactical

Post by TheArmedFarmer »

Hi CHL friends. I haven't posted in a long time but I think about many of you frequently.

I need a better gun for shooting hogs on my place. I've done a lot of research and convinced myself that I need one of these two aforementioned rifles in .308. Anyone have one they want to sell or trade? I'd also appreciate any advice on purchasing a rifle such as this - where would one go to get it? Is this a common rifle that's available at just any place like Wal-Mart? The 700P LTR seems like it's targeted to the LEO market so I doubt I can just walk into Academy and buy one.
Life member: NRA, THSC, HSLDA.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Re: WTB: Remington 700P LTR or SPS Tactical

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Remington 700 LTR:
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/prod ... +.308+700P
$968.00

Remington 700 SPS
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/prod ... 00+SPS+308
$564.00

Remington 700 SPS
http://store.sportingarms.com/product.r ... -stk-blued
$650.19 (I'm sure Sporting Arms can beat this price)

Remington 700 XCR
http://store.sportingarms.com/product.r ... stk-blk-ss
$1340.41
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Bitter Clinger »

The SPS tactical will typically provide a threaded bbl for attaching a suppressor which should come in handy for your application. AAC makes a flash hider that will thread onto the bbl and provides a "quick disconnect" type attachment for an AAC suppressor so that you do not have to carry the longer assembly through the brush.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Topic author
TheArmedFarmer

Post by TheArmedFarmer »

Thanks both of you for your responses. I appreciate them. :cheers2:

matrxx

Post by matrxx »

I have the LTR 700, I did some upgrade

I upgrade the factory stock to McMillan M40A-1 with Anodized Anschutz rail, push button sling base cu. ,A3-5 ADJ, AICS 2.0 stock,
and upgrade the factory magazine to Detachable magazine BDM-5

PM me if you have any question,Thanks

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I know it's not the model you're asking about, but I saw this on a friends FB page and thought it was too cool not to share with you guys since I saw this thread.

http://www.wideopenspaces.com/hunting-h ... ampaign=SH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ever wanted to try hunting hogs with silencers? Well, Keith Warren went hog hunting with a silenced Savage Model 10.

Keith Warren got his Savage Model 10 (chambered in .308 Winchester) modified to have a custom-made, full-length suppressor integrated into the barrel. According to him, the gunsmith did such a good job that the suppressor did not adversely affect the accuracy of his rifle.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

cyphur

Post by cyphur »

While not one of the models listed, I do have a Remington 700 VTR in .308. Currently it is sitting in a Bell & Carlson A5 Tactical Medalist stock with a Timney trigger, LaRue base, and Seekins 30mm rings. Also has a Harris Bi-pod.

I could be convinced to part with it for the right price. Otherwise I could return it to stock configuration and sell - I have the green and black stock still around I do believe. I was planning on getting it all re-done in a different caliber anyhow, may as well start with a fresh rifle instead.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

cyphur wrote:While not one of the models listed, I do have a Remington 700 VTR in .308. Currently it is sitting in a Bell & Carlson A5 Tactical Medalist stock with a Timney trigger, LaRue base, and Seekins 30mm rings. Also has a Harris Bi-pod.

I could be convinced to part with it for the right price. Otherwise I could return it to stock configuration and sell - I have the green and black stock still around I do believe. I was planning on getting it all re-done in a different caliber anyhow, may as well start with a fresh rifle instead.
Is the VTR the one with that triangular section barrel? How does it shoot?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

cyphur

Post by cyphur »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
cyphur wrote:While not one of the models listed, I do have a Remington 700 VTR in .308. Currently it is sitting in a Bell & Carlson A5 Tactical Medalist stock with a Timney trigger, LaRue base, and Seekins 30mm rings. Also has a Harris Bi-pod.

Is the VTR the one with that triangular section barrel? How does it shoot?
Yes, triangular barrel. It supposedly creates more surface area to reduce heat issues, but I bought it because it was a short barrel .308 at the right price. it shoots as well as any other barrel I've shot from Remington. I had owned an SPS Tactical before, longer barrel, it shoots as well as that did. My VTR has a 20" bbl with a 2" integral brake. I only have a few hundred rounds through it, all good ammo. Mostly Black Hills 175gr match.

Here is the stock it is in, black with gray web color: https://www.stockysstocks.com/bell-carl ... -2097.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; The gray is far more subdued than how it looks online.

Topic author
TheArmedFarmer

Post by TheArmedFarmer »

'preciate the responses. I have a soft commitment to get a 700 LTR from a fellow down south of Houston, it's just a matter of finding the logistics to get down there. I rarely head down there and can't justify the drive just to buy a rifle.

Return to “Closed Items”