WTB Kel-Tec Sub-2000 Glock 17-19 Version (9mm)

Items listed for over one month, or that were sold are listed here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

NotRPB
Posts in topic: 3

Re: WTB Kel-Tec Sub-2000 Glock 17-19 Version (9mm)

Post by NotRPB »

carlson1 wrote:
casp625 wrote:Target Sports USA has Gen2 for $499
Sold out. I didn't know they were so popular.
Yes, popular ...Short supply,
Reason #1 : recent publicity
NRA Gun of the Week: Kel-Tec SUB-2000 Carbine
by American Rifleman Staff - Saturday, February 20, 2016
http://www.americanrifleman.org/article ... 0-carbine/

Reason 2:
In TEXAS, the attraction is that (not considering Federal laws/locations such as Post offices, Fed GunFreeSchoolZones etc etc etc ) in Texas it can legally be carried concealed more places than a handgun carried by a background checked trained licensee
By Texas Penal Code, I believe it can be carried concealed anywhere not prohibited by
Sec. 46.03. PLACES WEAPONS PROHIBITED.(firearm, illegal knife, club, or prohibited weapon)
http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/D ... /PE.46.htm
and possibly Sec. 30.05. CRIMINAL TRESPASS.

But handguns carried by background checked trained licensees (I have been for a long time)
are not only restricted by

Sec. 46.03. PLACES WEAPONS PROHIBITED.(firearm, illegal knife, club, or prohibited weapon)
but also are restricted by
Sec. 46.02. UNLAWFUL CARRYING WEAPONS. handgun, illegal knife, or club
and
Sec. 46.035. UNLAWFUL CARRYING OF HANDGUN BY LICENSE HOLDER.
and
Sec. 30.06. TRESPASS BY LICENSE HOLDER WITH A CONCEALED HANDGUN.
and
Sec. 30.07. TRESPASS BY LICENSE HOLDER WITH AN OPENLY CARRIED HANDGUN.

It is easier to conceal the 30 round Glock mags with the folding rifle than the Glock pistol I have to leave in my car in those places.
The disadvantage is it's less comfortable to carry it concealed, but it's still better than being in a "HandgunFree" hospital clinic nursing-home or (30.06/51%/30.07 posted or Amusement Park or the Dallas Zoo) etc etc etc etc with only a sharp stick if an evil mass shooter shows up.

So, in effect All these MomsDemand "Hand-GunFree" signs did was made me buy a new briefcase or make people's shoulders hurt from carrying more ammo concealed than might normally be carried (in my concealed rifle) than in my concealed handgun they made my store in the car so they "feel" safer.

If next Legislative session allowed background checked trained licensees with better criminal history records than Police, to carry their handguns anywhere some non-trained non-licensed-non-backgroundchecked anyone off the street that can carry a concealed rifle (Or, anywhere a LEO can carry)... that'd be great.

But anyway, that explains the attraction/popularity why so hard to find one for sale, & why people buy to resell at higher prices, if you find one & want one, better buy it fast, until Keltec catches up with demand (Gen 2 has many improvements over Gen 1 sights, threaded barrel, etc etc etc)

To the OP I still look for them, thinking of getting a second one, but TIP: Gunbroker seems to get more listed than other places, but I keep an eye out at all the other places too.

rotor
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rotor »

Found one on Gunbroker and was so interested I bought it myself. Will report on it after I get it.

Blaize4286
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Blaize4286 »

I have one I will sale. $600. Exactly what I paid for it.
Text me 817-528-9833
An unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man

longhorn_92
Posts in topic: 1

Post by longhorn_92 »

I bought mine about 4-5 years ago... Paid $325 for it. It's a great truck/BOB carbine. Good Luck!!
“If you try to shoot me, I will have to shoot you back, and I promise you I won’t miss!”

NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 2

Post by twomillenium »

Academy at Market and I10 (east at Greens Bayou) HAD two g19 version. $429. Key words is HAD, now they have 1.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Return to “Closed Items”