Texas City: T's Guns & Ammo

FFL's post your location, contact information and transfer fees

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
seamusTX
Posts in topic: 4

Texas City: T's Guns & Ammo

Post by seamusTX »

T's Guns & Ammo has reopened at a new location.

1826 Loop 197 North (25th Avenue North)
Texas City, TX 77590
Telephone 409 948 0101

I stopped there today. They have ammo in most common calibers, not a lot of brand choices.

The owner said that he has applied for an FFL and has an inventory, but hasn't received the license yet.

This location is about a mile from the Texas City Shooting Range. It's in a strip mall on the north side of 25th Avenue North. Yahoo Maps and Mapquest come pretty close.

Google Maps does not show the correct location (Google has a lot of trouble with Texas City addresses).

I should have told them to get involved here, but I wasn't thinking on my two left feet.

- Jim
Fear, anger, hatred, and greed. The devil's all-you-can-eat buffet.

WildBill
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Texas City: T's Guns & Ammo

Post by WildBill »

SeamusTx - Thanks for the update. In the past I have had good experiences with T's Ammo.
NRA Endowment Member

jdh2580
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jdh2580 »

Good catch - Jim!

I too have had good experiences with T's in the past. Glad to hear they are back operational. I will have to stop in and check them out.

Is it still Roy and Pat?

Topic author
seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

I think it's the same guy that owned the one on Palmer Highway, but I'm not sure.

- Jim

Mike1951

Post by Mike1951 »

I thought Pat and Roy had retired and moved away.

The new address sounds very much like their old address, before they moved to Palmer Highway.

No one ever moved to fill the vacuum in loaded ammo caused by their departure. If he has bought new equipment, he can step back in like he never left.
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

Lumberjack98

Post by Lumberjack98 »

Is it the same owners as before?
NRA Lifetime Member
TSRA Lifetime Member

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Lumberjack98 wrote:Is it the same owners as before?
I met some people at the Pasadena Gunshow many months ago who said that they bought the equipment from T's. It's been a while so I don't remember their name. I bought some ammo and had good results, but I never saw them at a show since then.
NRA Endowment Member

Mike1951

Post by Mike1951 »

WildBill wrote:
Lumberjack98 wrote:Is it the same owners as before?
I met some people at the Pasadena Gunshow many months ago who said that they bought the equipment from T's. It's been a while so I don't remember their name. I bought some ammo and had good results, but I never saw them at a show since then.
The story I heard was a comedy of errors. In trying to complete the deal with Roy, they were supposedly only able to borrow enough to buy the building.

I was told they then attempted to charge Roy rent since the equipment they couldn't afford was still inside. Allegedly, Roy made some phone calls and sold his equipment, leaving the new folks with nothing but the payments on an empty building.

I believe Roy's equipment went to several buyers and other dealers bought a lot of his already loaded ammo. It is still showing up on tables at gun shows.

If I didn't qualify this with enough 'supposedly's and 'alledgedly's, the story came from a Texas City gunsmith.
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

jbirds1210

Post by jbirds1210 »

Thank God! I always enjoyed doing business with Roy. I have been buying ammunition from him since my Father had to send me with a note for permission :smilelol5:

He ran the business out of his garage for years before the original Loop 197 location.

FWIW, it will save me some gas money since I would rather be beaten by a large group of gang bangers than to spend ONE PENNY in Elite Sound and Security after the way I was treated by them.

Jason
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

Commander Cody

Post by Commander Cody »

Interesting. I thought that the folks running R&R Ammo at T’s old location on Palmer bought T’s equipment. Guess not. I’ll have to check it out. The new location on 25th St is only a couple of blocks from home.
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson USMC 1967-1970 101st. Underwater Mess Kit Repair Battalion - Spoon Platoon.

sf340b

Post by sf340b »

+1 for T's.

Good stuff, good people.

TheBlake

Post by TheBlake »

This is great news for me, they loaded my ammo for my .308 years and years ago and now i am about out.

I need to go back and have some more cutom loads made! :hurry:

ElGato

Post by ElGato »

Roy is a lot like Charles Cotton ( workaholic ) just couldn't stay retired, say's he's going to keep it small this time.
http://www.tomestepshooting.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm better at retirement than anything I have ever tried. Me
Young People pratice to get better, Old folk's pratice to keep from getting WORSE. Me

Topic author
seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

Welcome back, Tom. :thewave

- Jim

fulano

Post by fulano »

TheBlake wrote:This is great news for me, they loaded my ammo for my .308 years and years ago and now i am about out.

I need to go back and have some more cutom loads made! :hurry:

I bought several boxes of 38 S&W (38/200) JHP from T's at a gun show in Pasadena several years back and I'm out also. I don't find a website for them.

Does anyone know if they still deal in these rather hard to find affordable loads?
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they don't want to hear." George Orwell 1903-1950

Return to “FFL Holders”