Call-To-Action: HB910

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 12

Re: Call-To-Action: HB910

Post by SewTexas »

I don't know what the plan was, but the Dean is acting like a royal jerk, and he's always seemed like a reasonable senator. I don't see what the problem with the amendment is and Huffines is being very simple in his explanation and the Dean is sounding paranoid.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

safety1
Posts in topic: 23

Post by safety1 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
mojo84 wrote:Is that beneficial or not, Charles?
Is what beneficial?

Chas.
Dutton amendment beneficial expediting 910.

I new I should have quoted.
At the end of the day, it will not impact how LEO's do their job. The 5th Circuit has not adopted the black decision, but it may in the future. Whether it does or not, all an officer needs is something in addition to the open-carry of a firearm in order to interview the subject and ask for ID and CHL. So the impact of the Dutton amendment will be minimal.

Chas.
I was just trying to find out of it would help 910 get out of the senate and to Abbott quicker like some are implying. I don't think it has much practical benefit once passed.
There's a reason it was stripped out in committee and Huffines is rendering that plan moot. Additionally, we now have Sen. Whitmire and Sen. Huffman indicating that LEOs can stop and interview solely because they are wearing a handgun openly. Thanks Sen. Huffines.

Chas.
What was the reason or plan after stripping it in committee?
We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions. ~ Ronald Reagan ~
NRA - Life Member

K5GU
Posts in topic: 10

Post by K5GU »

Isn't the "Dean" (Whitmire) also supposed to stay on the amendment topic during this discussion. Did Patrick go to sleep?
Life is good.

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

K5GU wrote:Isn't the "Dean" (Whitmire) also supposed to stay on the amendment topic during this discussion. Did Patrick go to sleep?
good question.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

v7a
Banned
Posts in topic: 17

Post by v7a »

Is there really no time limit on how long a Senator can rant?

K5GU

Post by K5GU »

Whitmire is occupying the floor discussing Open Carry instead of Amendment 9. Where's the call for order?
Life is good.

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

v7a wrote:Is there really no time limit on how long a Senator can rant?

I think we're witnessing some sort of a filibuster?
~Tracy

K5GU

Post by K5GU »

SewTexas wrote:
v7a wrote:Is there really no time limit on how long a Senator can rant?

I think we're witnessing some sort of a filibuster?
And I'll bet that's going over real well with authors of the other bills on the calendar, eh?
Last edited by K5GU on Fri May 22, 2015 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is good.

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

I find that my admiration for Huffines is increasing moment by moment
~Tracy

mojo84
Posts in topic: 11

Post by mojo84 »

Sounds like games being played.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Salty1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Salty1 »

I have a bad feeling that Huffine's amendment may be the death of the OC Bill. I seriously wish he would withdraw the amendment before unintended consequences happen......
Salty1

TVGuy
Posts in topic: 7

Post by TVGuy »

SewTexas wrote:I find that my admiration for Huffines is increasing moment by moment
He can't debate worth a darn. I can't see how one on our side would feel this way. :headscratch

TVGuy
Posts in topic: 7

Post by TVGuy »

Salty1 wrote:I have a bad feeling that Huffine's amendment may be the death of the OC Bill. I seriously wish he would withdraw the amendment before unintended consequences happen......
Was thinking this a long time ago.

My concern - This amendment is going to make it on the bill, there are enough Dems and Rs to do that. It's not going to pass a final vote, they don't have that in hand.

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

TV- I'm not sure what you're talking about. He's sitting back and letting Whitmire prove that he's a bully and a jerk.

Now, he just mess up on the car accident question.
~Tracy

Ruark
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Ruark »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: There's a reason it was stripped out in committee and Huffines is rendering that plan moot. Additionally, we now have Sen. Whitmire and Sen. Huffman indicating that LEOs can stop and interview solely because they are wearing a handgun openly. Thanks Sen. Huffines.
Chas.
I agree, we didn't need this in the first place. Unfortunately, now the horse is out of the barn, and Whitmire is wasting time. Because of the existing law to which this amendment is redundant, all of Whitmire's "concerns" would still be in place without this amendment. So his entire tirade is irrelevant and unnecessary.
-Ruark

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”