Moderator: carlson1

Dave2
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Hickok45- terminated from youtube

Post by Dave2 »

DevilDawg wrote:
Dave2 wrote:
cb1000rider wrote:
Dave2 wrote: Google maps does have the distinct advantage of letting you plan multiple stops (A -> B -> C -> D, not just A -> B).
And the distinct advantage of not being as dead wrong as Apple navigation often is....
I've never had either lead me wrong.
Might be a regional thing, just about every time I have tried to use Apple Maps it's off a bit. I can't even rely on them to have "what's near me" most of the time. But while driving the truck has built in nav anyway. I get garmin units when using rentals anywhere else as part of the rental agreement.
Oh that's funny. Garmin's the only map service that has given me bad directions... They sent us driving down a pedistrian-only walkway in Germany once. Funny how two people can have such opposite experiences.

Anyway, back on topic... Yay! Hickok's back!
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

Topic author
jb2012
Posts in topic: 7

Post by jb2012 »

:hurry: :hurry: :anamatedbanana Gahh what a relief! I was pretty irritated about this one!

John Galt
Posts in topic: 1

Post by John Galt »

Abraham wrote:He's the absolute best gun reviewer on the net.
:iagree: Completely

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Pawpaw »

John Galt wrote:
Abraham wrote:He's the absolute best gun reviewer on the net.
:iagree: Completely
:iagree: :iagree: He goes into plenty of detail, but does not ramble on and on like nutnfancy and many others.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Richbirdhunter

Post by Richbirdhunter »

Hickok 45 made Fox News this morning, they gave a 10 second snip about him and how YouTube had over 2 million complaints in a few hours.
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

jb2012 wrote:
rentz wrote:
cb1000rider wrote:
jb2012 wrote:Do any of you attorneys that frequent this site know of anythjng he could do/ even we could do?
We do a lot of business with Google. They're very large, almost have a monopoly in some areas, and have very deep pockets. Generally, they do as they wish. Difficult to fight an org with that type of market control, legal expertise, and financing.
they also log everything! there isnt a single search or email that goes through them that they don't archive....scrary as heck, yet i still use them so im not sure whats worse them or me hah
if you use the internet, it is awfully hard to not use google! I mean they are so integrated into phones, that if you have a droid you are required to have a gmail account, and if you use apple products all of the default search engines as well as maps all go through google. It would be really really difficult to not use any google products
Really....I don't find it difficult at all. The only time I use Google is Google Earth, at work. But then I have no interest in droids or anything made by Apple.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

rentz wrote:
DevilDawg wrote:I got tired of being a data source for Google, and have switched to DuckDuckGo as my search engine. They do provide similar results and sometimes search discretely on Google. However my data isn't supporting that company any further.

Also Apple maps is not making use of Google maps, if they did it might be a better app. SMH
yup i switched all my default search engines to duckduckgo, its not perfect but it's pretty good.
Try ixquick
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

hornetfan63

Post by hornetfan63 »

He is gone again!

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

hornetfan63 wrote:He is gone again!
Yep. He posted the email from YouTube stating that he was not in violation of anything on Facebook, but his account is down again anyway.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

We need a Youtube-like platform run buy pro-gun folks.

Chas.

TVegas

Post by TVegas »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:We need a Youtube-like platform run buy pro-gun folks.

Chas.
Full30.com is just that. Most of the big gun channels on YouTube post all of their videos on Full30 as well.

The problem is that it is a purely gun-based website, so it doesn't tend attract anyone who doesn't already know about it or anyone who isn't a gun person.
:txflag: Thanks and Gig 'em! :thumbs2:

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:We need a Youtube-like platform run buy pro-gun folks.

Chas.
http://demo.joomlaworks.net/allvideos
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

rentz
Posts in topic: 6

Post by rentz »

He's back .... For now

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Internal power struggle at YouTube?

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

Redneck_Buddha wrote:Internal power struggle at YouTube?
That would have to be one major power struggle for it to spill out into public like this... Clients don't like uncertainty, and it doesn't get much more uncertain than wondering if your account will be closed even though you didn't break any of the rules.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”