Beltman after 1 year

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 6

Beltman after 1 year

Post by cmgee67 »

Well it's been a year since I started using my Beltman belt and here is what I can say about it. I bought the standard black quick ship double leather bull hide belt with out the stiffener. This thing is still as rigid and stout as it was the day I bought it. Yes it has broke in and shows wear but it still does its job better than any belt I've tried. I have tried everything from every big company and they never held up. This thing is solid. I can't say enough about it and how much I recommend it. I don't know when I'll wear it out but I'm sure it's going to be a few years before I need a new one. Thanks all who told me to get it a year ago. I have not been disappointed.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Beltman after 1 year

Post by carlson1 »

I have worn the two (one black and one brown) I purchased everyday for about 6 1/2 years now. The brown belt shows a dark place where my holster and magazine pouch ride. It just appears a darker brown. The black belt shows zero where and use it almost every Sunday and Wednesday. Jim sold the company to a man named David about a year ago. David had sent me a PM (on TexasCHLForum) and told me he was going to keep making the same quality belts that Jim had made. I am about ready to order two more.

My opinion well worth the money.

Topic author
cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

Mine has a few sweat stains on the tan colored inside that rides agains me and a couple marks from my holster but other than that it still looks great as well. I will prolly get the one with the stiffener in it next time I order one.

texasaggie16
Posts in topic: 1

Post by texasaggie16 »

I've had mine for about a year as well. All I can say it has been money well spent!

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WTR »

Bought mine right before the company sold. It has been a great belt. My interaction with David has been very positive. What a world of difference a good gun belt makes.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

I have only one complaint about mine... it shrank. :oops:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Topic author
cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

Colder weather! It's ok!

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

I am not for sure if I bought bullhide or horse hide. What do you think makes the better belt?

timdsmith72

Post by timdsmith72 »

I've worn mine just about every day since I bought it in 2009. Bullhide no stiffener. Leather is darker where my holster rides, but other than that, not really any signs of wear. Best I can tell, it's still going to be a very long time before it needs to be replaced. I haven't seen what the quality is like since Jim sold, but based on my experience with this belt, I absolutely cannot recommend these belts enough. Best I've ever seen.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Pawpaw wrote:I have only one complaint about mine... it shrank. :oops:
I have the same issue with mine. Funny how some shrink like that and some don't. :oops:
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Topic author
cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

carlson1 wrote:I am not for sure if I bought bullhide or horse hide. What do you think makes the better belt?

I don't buy into the horse hide craze. Supposedly it it suppose to hold up to sweat a lot better and from others I've heard tougher but more often than not I see guys posting about how the horse hide has gotten soft and is no good anymore. Which makes sense. A bull hides a lot thicker than horse.

thatguyoverthere

Post by thatguyoverthere »

Just received my first one about two weeks ago. Bull hide, without the stiffener.

Quick shipping - received it four days after placing the order (I purchased one of the "ready made"). Great workmanship, excellent quality. Plus got an email when they received the order, and another when they shipped the belt.

Since it is considerably heavier and stiffer than my other belts, I was expecting some initial discomfort while it got "broke-in" and shaped to my body. Did not experience any of that at all. Perfectly comfortable from the very first time I put it on.

I also like the 3/4" hole spacing. My standard belts have 1" hole spacing. The 3/4" gives a little better adjustment ability.

It does carry the gun and holster better than my other belt, but I would say not by a whole lot. BUT, I guess I hadn't realized that the belt I was wearing before was pretty heavy duty itself (though technically not a "gun belt").

Decent price, good communication on the order process, good looking (the belt, not me :lol: ), excellent quality, quick shipping, belt does what it's supposed to do. I'm very satisfied so far. :thumbs2:

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

cmgee67 wrote:
carlson1 wrote:I am not for sure if I bought bullhide or horse hide. What do you think makes the better belt?

I don't buy into the horse hide craze. Supposedly it it suppose to hold up to sweat a lot better and from others I've heard tougher but more often than not I see guys posting about how the horse hide has gotten soft and is no good anymore. Which makes sense. A bull hides a lot thicker than horse.
Thank You. :tiphat:

nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

Mine I bought from bullhide belts over 3yrs ago is still as good as the day I got it. Amish sure make top quality stuff.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”