Early model CZ75

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Early model CZ75

Post by The Annoyed Man »

So are there any significant differences between the CZ 75 and EEA Witness and other clones, other than the name?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

The Annoyed Man

How would you feel about the "P" polymer-framed CZ models?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

The Annoyed Man

AndyC wrote:I like 'em a lot - I was pondering the P09 heavily and would still like one.
The reason I ask is that I really liked my old USP Compact, which was polymer-framed and hammer-fired, but I hated the 40 S&W caliber. I would consider adding a similar pistol in 9mm to my collection, and the CZ's seem to be more affordably priced than H&Ks.

#TINVOWOOT

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
AndyC wrote:I like 'em a lot - I was pondering the P09 heavily and would still like one.
The reason I ask is that I really liked my old USP Compact, which was polymer-framed and hammer-fired, but I hated the 40 S&W caliber. I would consider adding a similar pistol in 9mm to my collection, and the CZ's seem to be more affordably priced than H&Ks.
At the NRA convention this year, I was able to handle a CZ 75 Phantom, the polymer version of the SP-01. It felt just like the steel version, only much lighter. It uses the same mags., holsters for the SP-02 fit, it's just lighter for daily carry. I know a lot of folks will consider a Phantom/SP-01 too large for concealed-carry, but I'm a guy who carries a Gov't Model 1911. It's not too big for me to carry daily. In my view, the only reason to get a Phantom rather than the all-steel SP-01 would be to carry it.

I may buy one after I get a P320 RX.

Chas.

skeathley
Posts in topic: 2

Post by skeathley »

I have a P-07 9mm, which is polymer, hammer-fired, double action. Very nice. It is almost full-sized, duty pistol. The P-09 is a little larger. All the CZs are very well made, consistent, reliable. Every gun is test-fired as it comes off the line, and a computer print-out of the target is packed in the case. Also reasonably priced.

If CC is the goal, another model not as well known is the 75 B Compact. Smaller than the 75, all-steel. My students like this better than any of my other class guns.

:thumbs2:
Texas LTC Instructor / RSO / SSC
Viet Nam Veteran: 25th Infantry, Cu Chi
https://mckinneyfirearmstraining.com

The Annoyed Man

AndyC wrote:Got TAM's son who's a machinist to cut the wedges outside the chamber - and it looks like it worked:

Still have to pick it up and test-shoot it, but it looks good.
I knew that TAB went back to his work yesterday afternoon to get some tools to "fix Andy's gun" because TAW had to go down to his house and watch his kids while he was gone, but I thought he was referring to an "Andy" in his Lifegroup. :lol: If I had known it was you, I would have made a point of joining you guys.

Glad he was able to help you!

#TINVOWOOT

bmwrdr

Post by bmwrdr »

AndyC wrote:As anyone who knows me knows, I love CZ75s - I learned on one as a kid (when my dad bought an original flat-sided model in South Africa in 1977), competed with them in IPSC, steel and pin-shoots and carried one on duty when I worked armed-response. I never thought I'd see one of those early models again, much less own one until a friend popped up and offered this 1978 model (5-digit serial-number) to me:

The original waffle-style grips are shot, so he replaced them with later ones - I'll get another set somewhere so it's "right". Man, I'm chuffed to pieces - it doesn't even have import-markings :shock: :anamatedbanana
Very nice, congratulations. :thumbs2:

Should you ever think to sell it please let me know. :tiphat:
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:How would you feel about the "P" polymer-framed CZ models?
I have a P07. It is a good reliable pistol. I don't shoot it as accurately as I do my SP01. The trigger is nice, but has a lot of take up like many polymer pistols do.

I have a couple of SP01 models now. They are probably the most accurate 9mm pistols I have. I shoot them accurately without even trying. The grip and trigger just fit me perfectly. I need to take a look at the Phantom to see if it would be a good carry option. Being confident that I can hit what I aim at is nice. I think a CZ 97 will be in my future as well.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”