Which state will be the most upset?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Which state will be the most upset if national conceal carry reciprocity passes?

Hawaii
20%
California
25%
New York
28%
New Jersey
8%
D.C.
9%
Massachusetts
6%
Other
3%

Total votes: 64

Topic author
C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Which state will be the most upset?

Post by C-dub »

I put in other just in case I forgot an important or obvious one since this was hastily put together. And I know D.C. isn't a state, but ya'll know why they're in this list.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

spectre
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Which state will be the most upset?

Post by spectre »

If reciprocity includes the entire country, I think Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands will be in the running for biggest whiners. Otherwise I think it's between HI and DC looking at the number of local licensees per capita. California and New York won't like it but they already have a lot of residents outside the big cities who get shall issue licenses from their county sheriffs.

Here's an interesting twist I just thought of. NYC doesn't accept licenses issued in upstate NY. Will they now be able to carry in NYC or will the current restriction apply? Can they get around it by getting a nonresident license from PA?
I'm in a good place right now
Not emotionally or financially
But I am at the gun store

Topic author
C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

spectre wrote:If reciprocity includes the entire country, I think Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands will be in the running for biggest whiners. Otherwise I think it's between HI and DC looking at the number of local licensees per capita. California and New York won't like it but they already have a lot of residents outside the big cities who get shall issue licenses from their county sheriffs.

Here's an interesting twist I just thought of. NYC doesn't accept licenses issued in upstate NY. Will they now be able to carry in NYC or will the current restriction apply? Can they get around it by getting a nonresident license from PA?
That is an interesting twist. IIRC, Denver and maybe one or two other cities have abnormalities like that. It does make one wonder if national reciprocity will preempt those. The 911 memorial would be nice to see.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Anti folks are threatening to sue the congress in the supreme court.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

bmwrdr

Post by bmwrdr »

Beiruty wrote:Anti folks are threatening to sue the congress in the supreme court.
They would sue either and anyway to justify their existence. I guess it is just their way.
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

magillapd

Post by magillapd »

Maryland
“I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant”
NRA- Life member :patriot:
TSRA - Conditional Life Member :txflag:

pushpullpete

Post by pushpullpete »

If TRUE reciprocity happens I think more than 1 state will freak out and lose their minds. I was born & raised in central NY and
would really like to visit my family without disarming. I voted NY, but, any on the list & some that aren't are canidates for losing
it. There are those weird anti gun folks every where. :mrgreen:

:txflag: :patriot:

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

First, I hope the optimism is warranted.

I'll believe it if it happens...

If it does,there's no one state, as it is, the lefties in Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc. right here in Texas are already upset Texas has LTC's and OC.

So, my vote is ALL the big city lefties in ALL the states will blow a gasket if it happens, with a small smattering of small town/rural (darn few) folks added in...

allisji

Post by allisji »

I tried to analyze the question logically and came to determine that the two which will be most upset are the two which are most impacted by out-of-staters.

Hawaii and DC. California and NY are too big and they will see little difference based on out-of-staters coming in with all their guns.

Hawaii is a vacation state, and people come there to relax on the beach not for business, etc.

DC is full of liberals, yet people from all over the country constantly travel to and from DC for work. Therefore they will have more people coming and going and carrying for self-defense as they move about the city doing their business. The residents of the district will likely be the most upset if national reciprocity passes.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

allisji wrote:I tried to analyze the question logically and came to determine that the two which will be most upset are the two which are most impacted by out-of-staters.

Hawaii and DC. California and NY are too big and they will see little difference based on out-of-staters coming in with all their guns.

Hawaii is a vacation state, and people come there to relax on the beach not for business, etc.

DC is full of liberals, yet people from all over the country constantly travel to and from DC for work. Therefore they will have more people coming and going and carrying for self-defense as they move about the city doing their business. The residents of the district will likely be the most upset if national reciprocity passes.
I'll play devil's advocate and say that neither of them will be affected. D.C. has a history of finding ways around any opportunity for people to exercise their 2nd Amendment rights. I followed the Emily Miller series of articles about what she went through just to legally purchase a hand gun, let alone carry it. I see no way that D.C. (and the others) will not work hard at finding work arounds to National Reciprocity.

I have a friend who is from Hawaii. He posts news articles on Facebook about that Hawaiian politicians do. I think that they make they D.C. politicians look like amateurs in being over-the-top Liberally ridiculous.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

chasfm11 wrote:
I'll play devil's advocate and say that neither of them will be affected. D.C. has a history of finding ways around any opportunity for people to exercise their 2nd Amendment rights. I followed the Emily Miller series of articles about what she went through just to legally purchase a hand gun, let alone carry it. I see no way that D.C. (and the others) will not work hard at finding work arounds to National Reciprocity.

I have a friend who is from Hawaii. He posts news articles on Facebook about that Hawaiian politicians do. I think that they make they D.C. politicians look like amateurs in being over-the-top Liberally ridiculous.
This why the bill needs to be bullet proof. The biggest loophole could be on gun and magazine restrictions. New Jersey's restriction on hollow points could be an issue if the bill doesn't take this into account.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

J.R.@A&M

Post by J.R.@A&M »

allisji wrote:DC is full of liberals, yet people from all over the country constantly travel to and from DC for work. Therefore they will have more people coming and going and carrying for self-defense as they move about the city doing their business. The residents of the district will likely be the most upset if national reciprocity passes.
DC is full of liberals who office there, but who mostly reside in either Maryland or Fairfax County, VA.
“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”