Youtube Suspends Gun Manufactuers

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
rtschl
Posts in topic: 2

Youtube Suspends Gun Manufactuers

Post by rtschl »

Youtube, owned by Google is suspending channels of gun manufacturers and gun instructional videos.

http://thefederalist.com/2018/03/21/you ... Ew.twitter

It's their business and their right to do so, but so hypocritical. They allow all sorts of dangerous things on it but not gun manufacturers? All the social media platforms are hard left and it will become increasingly difficult to have a digital voice when all the major players inject their political ideology into preventing the free flow of legitimate and legal information.
:banghead:
Ron
NRA Member

puma guy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Youtube Suspends Gun Manufactuers

Post by puma guy »

Maybe some entrepreneurial 2nd Amendment enthusiast will create GunTube! I think it's time the government pass new laws with some teeth to start aggressively prosecuting bullying, libelous and slandering postings on social media and the internet. Words can kill. Just ask any parent of a child who has taken their life due to bullying on social media.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

they clearly havent gotten around to all gun instructionals... i just looked up how to reaplce the trigger on an M&P an dlike 40 videos popped up
NRA Member

strogg

Post by strogg »

I agree that YouTube / Google has a right to ban whatever it is they want. They are a business that can make business decisions whether people agree with them or not. Just like how we don't have to use YouTube if we don't want to. They are slowly digging themselves deeper and deeper into a grave, not just with the firearms content policies, but with other general advertising policies. Many independent content creators are starting to feel the pain of having to bend over backwards to the advertisers instead of publishing what they want to their target audience. Sooner or later, YouTube really will turn into the likes of MySpace as other video sharing platforms move forward, like Full30, Twitch, etc.

I think it's time that Full30 opens up its doors a bit more so more content creators can post videos there. And the content creators need to start posting there more. It seems that only a few of the ones on Full30 are consistently posting videos. The rest have largely abandoned it and stayed on YouTube.

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

Nope. Won't fly. If bakers have to make cakes youtube has to host gun videos. Damn leftist trash can't have it both ways. It's time to shut them down.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Lefties are streaming out of the woodwork.

thehemi

Post by thehemi »

Grundy1133 wrote:they clearly havent gotten around to all gun instructionals... i just looked up how to reaplce the trigger on an M&P an dlike 40 videos popped up
They start enforcement in April.

I wonder if Vimeo or whomever else competes with YouTube will step up to the plate.

rotor

Post by rotor »

puma guy wrote:Maybe some entrepreneurial 2nd Amendment enthusiast will create GunTube! I think it's time the government pass new laws with some teeth to start aggressively prosecuting bullying, libelous and slandering postings on social media and the internet. Words can kill. Just ask any parent of a child who has taken their life due to bullying on social media.
Why can't the NRA set up a site? They spent a ton of money advertising on youtube with the last primary election in Texas. I have a youtube channel and would switch all of my videos.

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

I prefer to use Bing myself. Youtube is off my list from now on.

PriestTheRunner

Post by PriestTheRunner »

Anybody know what about the tertiary level channels are going to do?
Namely Active Self Protection (and other similar channels)...?
It doesn't appear to fit directly into their prohibition but who knows what will happen.

Perfectly legal people posting perfectly legal content. Screw Youtube.

dlh

Post by dlh »

Haven't picked apart Youtube's notice but appears it will not apply to all gun videos.

I learned how to disassemble, clean, lubricate, and reassemble several firearms from watching Youtube videos. Guess I can still watch those if I read the notice correctly.

I like the idea of the NRA setting up "Gun-Tube!"
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

SigM4

Post by SigM4 »

For everyone talking about Guntube, check out http://www.full30.com. This is exactly what some enterprising folks did a while back. It’s good with a lot of potential, but didn’t get as much traction as it could have because YouTube was still allowing gun videos. With this recent YT announcement I can see the site really taking off.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Note: All links are to Reddit. These threats should be clean, but may have some adult language...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Firearms/comme ... and_where/

There's been notice.

Also, its' not just YouTube.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ar15/comments/ ... ls_banned/
As some of you may not be aware, Reddit has updated their content policy to prohibit transactions involving a variety of items including firearms and ammunition:

https://www.reddit.com/r/announcements/ ... g_the_use/

As /r/Gundeals is an aggregation of links to third-party vendors, we believe we should be in compliance of the new content policy as transactions are not being conducted directly on the Reddit platform via /r/Gundeals. Obviously, the admins have decided otherwise.

We have set up a new subreddit, /r/GunDealsAnnouncements, to provide further updates while we argue our case to the admins.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GunDealsAnnoun ... nt_policy/
A subreddit dedicated to swapping brass was banned as well. Swapping. Empty. Dirty. Brass. Because it's (not) ammunition or a firearm.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

the whole worlds gone freakin nuts... there are PLENTY of blackmarket .onion sites where you can buy and sell guns/ammo.... banning something doesnt mean peopl ewont be able to get it... it just means they'll have to obtain it illegally. stupid stupid stupid
NRA Member

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

Take Down Sicko wrote:I prefer to use Bing myself. Youtube is off my list from now on.
I am going to be switching. I was never a big fan of Bing, but now all of Google is off my list. And this is one I really use, not like saying I won't go to Kroger's or Dick's anymore. My wife was wondering why I said I had to get to Academy for some ammo and I told her Walmart is off my list too.
Steve Rothstein

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”