Anyone Score at the Texas Gunshows this Weekend(11-15)?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
CainA
Posts in topic: 1

Anyone Score at the Texas Gunshows this Weekend(11-15)?

Post by CainA »

As the subject title suggests, lets see some scores.

Here's mine, nothing fancy, was in the market for a CZ, but it was out of my budget, so I bought a Bersa 9 Ultra Compact.

-Cain

bevans

Re: Anyone Score at the Texas Gunshows this Weekend(11-15)?

Post by bevans »

Bought a SOG AR15 and another KImber ,this one a full size 1911
I used to think my dad was wrong about everything but as I get older I realize that he was dead on

CHLSteve

Post by CHLSteve »

We were heading up there and got reports of just how crowded it was. We turned around, nothing is worth that.

My buddy (non-chl) waited 2.5 HRS after picking out a Glock to pay for it and walk out.

That's just stupid.

MikeN

Post by MikeN »

I wasn't too impressed with the FtW show. Not near as much out there as I was hoping. Glad I got there when it opened, and still had a decent wait.
Mike N
SA XD 40 Service

Mr.Scott

Post by Mr.Scott »

We went monday. Some of the pricing was way out of line. $30 for ar mags? Some people had AR's at reasonable prices, but others were $500 to high. The biggest shocker was WASR-10's. Normally a $400 beater gun, the cheapest one we saw was $700.
DIVIDED WE STAND, UNITED WE FALL

atxgun

Post by atxgun »

It seemed all the firearm prices were way out of line. I just got a holster and DVD.

WEC

Post by WEC »

atxgun wrote:It seemed all the firearm prices were way out of line. I just got a holster and DVD.
:iagree: I bought an AR lower before the rush, luckily. I went today to get some cleaning supplies and ammo. I wanted some .223, but it was too scarce or too expensive... or both. I did manage to pick up some hollow points for a couple of new handguns. There wasn't a line at the entrance, but it was the most crowded I've ever seen it. The lines for people buying guns was also astounding.
"We are oft to blame in this / 'Tis too much proved -- that with devotion's visage / And pious action we do sugar o'er / The devil himself."
Μολὼν λαβέ | NRA Lifetime Member

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I had planned to go but chickened out when I started getting reports back from friends who had gone and left after being in shoulder to shoulder crowds. Not my scene at all. I like to be able to enjoy a gun show without racing people from table to table hoping for scraps to eat. I am old school and believe a gun show should be a time to score some good deals. I can just imagine the laughter from gun dealers after I ask if they can give me a better price on something.

TexasAggie
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TexasAggie »

So I guess the lesson here for me (a newbie for guns but I do have my CHL) is to buy online and compare or local?? I'm glad I didn't make the drive to one of the shows!! :tiphat:

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

At one in Lubbock while on Vacation this past week. Did not buy a gun.
Did up grade my TSRA membership to "Life".
Got a bore light, & 2 plastic bullet boxes.

Took a nephew (mid 20s) & it was his 1st Gun Show. Said he liked it enough to go to another one.

As above I thought the gun prices were too high. Dont know about the market in Lubbock though. NOOO reloading components to speak of. 2 boxes of primers in the whole show & 11 lbs of powder. By 4:00 Sat afternoon the primers were gone & 4lbs of powder left. Some factory ammo but ver few bullets.

Get'em when you find'em.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Those that have them already, are buying ammo and reloading supplies...

Those that do not, are buying firearms and what little ammo is left...

After what I saw Saturday here in Houston, and what I am still hearing going on around the rest of the country, it seems people are afraid of something...Can't imagine what that could possibly be...

Depending on your point of view it is either a win-win or lose-lose situation...

Interesting times we live in...

(For those wondering, I set my sarcasm level to its highest level just now...I'll turn it back down and get back to what some may know as "good-natured and optamistic Steve") ;-)
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

stevie_d_64 wrote: After what I saw Saturday here in Houston, and what I am still hearing going on around the rest of the country, it seems people are afraid of something...Can't imagine what that could possibly be...
Coiuld it be that folks are afraid BamBam will take away our Bang Bangs?

Sorry , I couldn't help myself .
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

WillieD

Post by WillieD »

TexasAggie wrote:So I guess the lesson here for me (a newbie for guns but I do have my CHL) is to buy online and compare or local?? I'm glad I didn't make the drive to one of the shows!! :tiphat:
Since you live in Lewisville check out http://www.Sportingarms.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. They are located here and have better pricing than most retailers around.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

WillieD wrote:Since you live in Lewisville check out http://www.Sportingarms.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. They are located here and have better pricing than most retailers around.
We've purchased two firearms from them, and they are a pleasure to deal with. A couple of years ago I bought a Remington 700 VSF in .308 and a Leupold 4.5-14x50mm VX-III scope from them. And then this summer, my son bought a Rock River Arms 24" Varminter from them. We got great pricing on both rifles. I would definitely do business with them again. It's owned by the nicest Christian couple you could ever hope to meet.

Sadly though, they are a "kitchen table" dealer, and if Obama has his way, he'll put them out of business.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

TexasAggie
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TexasAggie »

WillieD wrote:
TexasAggie wrote:So I guess the lesson here for me (a newbie for guns but I do have my CHL) is to buy online and compare or local?? I'm glad I didn't make the drive to one of the shows!! :tiphat:
Since you live in Lewisville check out http://www.Sportingarms.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. They are located here and have better pricing than most retailers around.

Cool....I would rather support the locals anyway if I can get a nice deal. Thanks! :patriot:

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”