ammo on sale

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Silverhawk
Posts in topic: 2

Re: ammo on sale

Post by Silverhawk »

FYI: Went to the Academy at Parker and ND tollway on the 19th. Was able to pick up 2 100 round boxes of Winchester 9MM at $25.00 each. They had several more boxes and plenty of Monarch in 9MM too. Now I can go to the range this weekend!!
YEA!!
"NECESSITY is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tryants. It is the creed of slaves." William Pitt, 1783

Commander
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Commander »

My local WalMart actually had a selection of ammo today. I picked up some Federal Champion 9mm 50 round boxes for $8.97 each and .45 for $14.97 a box. They also had several boxes of WWB 100's 9mm- $19.96; 45- $29.96.

Now if I could just find that elusive .380! I'm down to less than 100 rounds. Got some ordered on line, but its not due until October.
"Happiness is a warm gun" - The Beatles - 1969

Commander

joe817
Posts in topic: 92

Post by joe817 »

I have a feeling .380 may be next. It appears 9mm is making steady progress in showing up in stores regularly... .45 is being seen more often(but not as much as 9mm). 40 S&W was more common than 9mm a few months ago. What's next? 10mm & .357 Sig? I think the ammo shortage is slowly coming to an end, unless........something happens to create panic buying like we saw last year and until recently. I wish the plain ole' JHP ammo could be seen more and more. I'm seeing it now in gun stores, but it's still silly priced.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

texagun
Posts in topic: 4

Post by texagun »

Just left Academy at Hwy 26 and 121. Lots of 9 mm and .45 ACP on the shelves. It was all Monarch ammo. The clerk said it was made in Serbia. Is Monarch ammo any good? I didn't buy any of it but prices were good.

Liberty
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Liberty »

texagun wrote:Just left Academy at Hwy 26 and 121. Lots of 9 mm and .45 ACP on the shelves. It was all Monarch ammo. The clerk said it was made in Serbia. Is Monarch ammo any good? I didn't buy any of it but prices were good.
Its dirty and 9MM seems more lightly loaded than WWB works just fine in a 92Fs or Ruger P95. As long as it comes in brass I will shoot it.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Kevinf2349
Posts in topic: 50

Post by Kevinf2349 »

sbb wrote:
geoelectro wrote:
Kevinf2349 wrote:Carter's Country (Pasadena) has all caliber (380 only in aluminum). They seem a lot more expensive than Academy or Wally world, but they seem to have a lot of ammunition...probably because they are hiking the price :mad5
Yep, I've noticed that. But like you say, they have it!

Geoelectro
While you may think that the prices have been hiked, it ain't so. Large box stores that have hundreds of locations are able to purchase at much lower prices than a company that operates only four locations. Don't get me wrong, I love to save money as much as the next guy. I prefer to purchase at a location that deals mainly in firearms and has knowledeable staff instead of a clothing and camping store that just happens to sell ammunition. :seeya:
Interesting theory but that doesn't explain how the exact same ammo in T's Guns and Ammo is 20% lower in price. T's Guns and Ammo doesn't sell anything but guns and ammo and the guy in there is very knowledgable and helpful.

I will stand by my suspicion that Carter's is milking for profit, which is their right of course. I will exercise my own right to buy the same stock 20% cheaper and support the "little guy". :tiphat:
Glock - When a FTF just isn't an option!

04/24/09 - CHL Class
08/17/09 - Plastic in hand!

NRA & TSRA Member

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

"Society doesn't have a gun problem; Society has a society problem"

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 183

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Sorry for the late post. Wal-mart on 75 and spring creek in Plano had federal 45 ACP 50 count for 15.00 a box. I bought 6 boxes and left 14. that was around 9 am...who knows...maybe some is still left. Wal-mart in Mckinney had 3 boxes of .40 at 12.50 or so each.

GlockFan
Posts in topic: 5

Post by GlockFan »

Academy on 290 @ 34th had a ton of ammo this morning in all calibers. :clapping:
Jak Se Mas?

USA1
Posts in topic: 104

Post by USA1 »

GlockFan wrote:Academy on 290 @ 34th had a ton of ammo this morning in all calibers. :clapping:
WOW !!
thats great news :thumbs2:
and in that area , your gonna need every bit of it :smilelol5:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 183

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

USA1 wrote:
GlockFan wrote:Academy on 290 @ 34th had a ton of ammo this morning in all calibers. :clapping:
WOW !!

"rlol" "rlol"

bridge
Posts in topic: 12

Post by bridge »

Just called around to the Academy's in my area and the one in Webster has .45 Monarch. The Pasadena and South Houston stores have Monarch and WWB 100 packs in stock.

Dexdahex

Post by Dexdahex »

03Lightningrocks wrote:
USA1 wrote:
WOW !!

"rlol" "rlol"
The BG need ammo too... :evil2:
"Every Citizen Shall Have The Right To Keep And Bear Arms In The Lawful Defense Of Himself Or The State"

CHL Holder
NRA Member

Fabrique Nationale Herstal (FNH) FN-40

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 54

Post by Beiruty »

Wal-mart in Mckiney:

Wal-Mart Supercenter
5001 Mckinney Ranch Parkway
Mckinney, TX 75070

http://www.walmart.com/storeLocator/ca_ ... rch_state=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

At lease a dozen box of each:

had federal 45 ACP 50 count
had federal 40 and
WWW 0.40 100 count
WWW 9mm 50 count and 100 count

At 11:00 AM I grabbed 3 boxes of 100 ct of WWW 9mm.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

USA1
Posts in topic: 104

Post by USA1 »

this morning Academy in Tomball had everything but .380
it was a sight for sore eyes ;-)
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

Dexdahex

Post by Dexdahex »

Carter Country in Stafford Fully stocked always...
"Every Citizen Shall Have The Right To Keep And Bear Arms In The Lawful Defense Of Himself Or The State"

CHL Holder
NRA Member

Fabrique Nationale Herstal (FNH) FN-40

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”