Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Ol Zeke
Posts in topic: 4

Subterfuge

Post by Ol Zeke »

:tiphat:
In my entire life I haven’t had an original thought, and don’t expect this one is any different. But, if it helps out any of you guys (or gals) then, here goes.
Now, before any of you ladies go medieval on me, I’m a guy. I think like a guy (when I think at all) so, if I say anything that sounds sexist or manipulative, just remember….. I don’t know any better. I’m a guy. Besides the root of the word “manipulative” is “MAN”. ;-)

My beautiful Bride got her CHL, last year, along with my youngest daughter but, she doesn’t carry much. She qualified with her XD sub-compact and shoots well with it but, seems to have some problems with manipulating the slide and such. Her hands are small and not very strong so… I’ve been on a mission to find her a gun that she is comfortable with, fits her hand and shoots well (translation: “buy a new gun”). :hurry:
On one of our trips to the range, I got out a Glock 26, Glock 19 and her XD side by side and encouraged her to shoot all three. After about 100 rounds, or so, she seemed to be gravitating towards the G26 (my primary summer carry). She shot well with it and had no trouble racking the slide and, well, she kept going back to it. :fire
On the next trip, she shot the G19 and the G26 and didn’t even get her XD out of the bag. She still seemed to be the most comfortable with the 26. Both guns are outfitted the same with TruGlow TFO night sights, extended slide release (for short thumbs) and a 3.5 lb. trigger.
It occurred to me that I was fixin’ to lose my G26 so, I decided to take advantage of the situation. A few nights later, we had a conversation that went something like …..
Me: “You seem to be very comfortable with that Glock 26 and you shoot very well with it. What do you think about taking it as your carry weapon?”
She: “Well, yes, I do like it but isn’t that your carry gun? What would you do?”

Wheels turning… lights flashing… buzzers and bells goin’ off… don’t screw this up, Zeke!

Me: “My primary concern is your safety. I can just carry one of the others, until we can afford something else.”
She: “Or you could just go out and get that Glock 36, you’ve been eyeing.”

Touchdown! With the extra point! I now have a G36 in my collection. :woohoo

I must confess that throughout the above exchange, I was worried that she was going to fall off the dern sofa, she was laughing so hard at my thinly veiled ulterior motive. But she let me have it anyway. I love my wife! "rlol"

I don’t know if this approach will work for any of you, but thought it was worth relating.

rbftfire
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Subterfuge

Post by rbftfire »

I suppose that sometimes its just best to go through the motions even when they see through it and you know that they do.

Nice acquisition.

hheremtp

Post by hheremtp »

Nice score there Zeke my :tiphat: to ya!
Steve

Purplehood
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Purplehood »

You have discussions with your wife?
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

cougartex

Post by cougartex »

:clapping: :clapping: :tiphat:
Cougars are shy, reclusive, and downright mysterious... :txflag:

Topic author
Ol Zeke

Post by Ol Zeke »

Purplehood wrote:You have discussions with your wife?
Yeah, she really is my best friend...... because no one else puts up with me.... crabby, snarlin' ol' man that I am. :grumble

Fire1141

Post by Fire1141 »

Thanks, I think I can swing a conversation like that. Hmmm, lemme see what I can do.

OverEasy

Post by OverEasy »

"A woman is the only thing I am afraid of that I know will not hurt me."
Abraham Lincoln
:lol: , OE
NRA
TSRA
JPFO
American Legion
USN (69-77)
What did you expect?

RECIT

Post by RECIT »

That is a great story. Even better to hear she is smarter than the average bear, but still lets you get what you want. My wife just says if we can afford it and you want it, get it. Same thing I tell her when she wants something. We take turns getting fun stuff so it all works out.
"I am a Free Man, regardless of what set of 'rules' surround me. When I find them tolerable, I tolerate them. When I find them obnoxious, I ignore them. I remain free, because I know and understand that I alone bear full responsibility for everything I do, or chose not to do."

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Well Zeke, it sounds like you married above your station in life... ...like I did, and bunch of other guys too. :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Purplehood
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Purplehood »

The Annoyed Man wrote:Well Zeke, it sounds like you married above your station in life... ...like I did, and bunch of other guys too. :mrgreen:
I did.

Twice.

I got over it.

//sigh
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

Sidro

Post by Sidro »

Way to go Zeke! Pretty sharp thinking there. Married to mine 36 yrs. yesterday. She told me I didn't have to buy her that new Benelli SuperNova 20ga that she would take a Stoeger 20ga o/u combo instead. Technically a win for me as she said I could have the 12ga bbls.

Congrats to both of you on new carry arms.

suthdj

Post by suthdj »

My Wife would tell me she is taking the G26 selling her XD and pocketing the cash for her next purse. Well that would be how it would go if I could get her into shooting or a CHL.
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

Topic author
Ol Zeke

Post by Ol Zeke »

OverEasy wrote:"A woman is the only thing I am afraid of that I know will not hurt me."
Abraham Lincoln
:lol: , OE
Ol' Abe wasn't married to my wife! "rlol" :fire

Topic author
Ol Zeke

Post by Ol Zeke »

The Annoyed Man wrote:Well Zeke, it sounds like you married above your station in life... ...like I did, and bunch of other guys too. :mrgreen:
Yes I did. :tiphat: Twice. ;-)
this one might be above my species, though.... :smilelol5:

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”