Pasadena Gun Show

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
gwtrikenut
Posts in topic: 2

Pasadena Gun Show

Post by gwtrikenut »

I haven't been to a gun show in years, and never been to this show. Is it worth my visit or are the prices generally so high, one would really be in desparate need to purchase? I usually just go to dealer and purchase, but just got this ad in the mail and smething just made me want to go to this one.

Mike1951
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Pasadena Gun Show

Post by Mike1951 »

This is the REAL show, the smaller of the two Pasadena shows. It's not expensive and parking is free.

Expect a lot of non-gun vendors. Still, you could always luck into a great deal.

However, High Caliber, the other Pasadena show, is having a show this weekend at GRB.

Vendors' stock will be divided, with most going to GRB.
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

Quahog

Post by Quahog »

Having been to both the Real and High Caliber Gun Shows at Pasadena, I would opt for the High Caliber at GRBC.
"America needs God more than God needs America. If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a Nation gone under." -- Ronald Reagan

NRA - TSRA - PSC - CHL

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

gwtrikenut wrote:Is it worth my visit or are the prices generally so high, one would really be in desperate need to purchase?
Depends what you are looking for, to be honest.

As others before have said, the "High Caliber Gun Show" is the better event over the "Real Gun Show"
I have never been to the GRB for a gun show, but will this weekend with my Bro-In-Law.

I have now bought 2 weapons at the High Caliber (at Pasadena)
1st was a Glock 19 from Bachmann Pawn (a very large layout there) the price was about $60 less than going rate at Academy at the time.
2nd was 2 weeks ago, still Bachmann Pawn - Springfield XD9 Subcompact - for about $100 under previously priced for same weapon.

There are a lot of items that I do not get into, and I go just to see if there is "something I cannot live without" or a "price that mandates I buy it" and for the $7 admission (to Pasadena and no parking fee) its cheap entertainment for a couple hours maybe.
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

loneranger4x4

Post by loneranger4x4 »

I have bought a couple of pistols cheaper there than at a store, but I had to pay cash because some vendors add the 3% if you use a credit card, Most didn't seem to charge any tax. if the other gun show is going on at the GRB then it is usually alot less crowded plus parking is free and close to the building.
James Patterson

Topic author
gwtrikenut
Posts in topic: 2

Post by gwtrikenut »

I think I will go to the GRBC. Only got card on Pasadena, but do like the GRBC. And easier for me from Spring to get there. Thanks for the info.

glbedd53

Post by glbedd53 »

Yeah I always just remember the one that's called the Real Gun Show, well it ain't.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”