New Gun

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
texjames
Posts in topic: 3

New Gun

Post by texjames »

I went down to Academy to see if they had some 45 ACP they did'nt but had a Glock 19 and i never seen one of them in stock.
impulse buy...i brought it home. 200 rounds of 9mm ammo to. Oh well. It fits the new Crossbreed snap slide i bought for the G33 too.
USAF 71-91 retired
CHL #3 04/10

Carry-a-Kimber
Posts in topic: 1

Re: New Gun

Post by Carry-a-Kimber »

I hate when that happens :smilelol5:

karder

Post by karder »

Makes sense to me. No .45 ammo so you had to buy a 9mm. :biggrinjester: Very nicely done!
“While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader.” ― Samuel Adams

TLE2

Post by TLE2 »

Cheaper than Dirt has Remington Sabre JHP on sale for 16.19/25.

You didn't have to go to the dark side... you really didn't.... :cryin
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... (Jefferson quoting Beccaria)

... tyrants accomplish their purposes ...by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms. - Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840

Quahog

Post by Quahog »

I've got a G19 too and it's a nice gun. The one thing I can rely on with the Glocks is that they go bang every time!!
"America needs God more than God needs America. If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a Nation gone under." -- Ronald Reagan

NRA - TSRA - PSC - CHL

cougartex

Post by cougartex »

Congratulations. :tiphat:
Cougars are shy, reclusive, and downright mysterious... :txflag:

Topic author
texjames
Posts in topic: 3

Post by texjames »

karder wrote:Makes sense to me. No .45 ammo so you had to buy a 9mm. :biggrinjester: Very nicely done!
Thats exactly how i rationalized it....ha ha! :lol::
USAF 71-91 retired
CHL #3 04/10

karl
Posts in topic: 2

Post by karl »

Congratulations. I'm actually starting to warm up to Glocks, still uglier than a 1911 though :lol:
Quahog wrote:I've got a G19 too and it's a nice gun. The one thing I can rely on with the Glocks is that they go bang every time!!
When I first bought my Taurus it went bang every time too, so if you look at only that we're on par. Jammed every other round though ;-) . Better now after the break-in.
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere. -Thomas Jefferson

E150GT

Post by E150GT »

I really really want a 19! I have not seen them at academy ever. Too bad I bought that Sig as an impulse buy last time I went to academy.I could have had enough to buy a 19... I'll just have to live with my 23. NIce buy

jeeperbryan

Post by jeeperbryan »

Really nice. I've been considering one of the new Gen 4 Glock 22s.
karl wrote:I'm actually starting to warm up to Glocks, still uglier than a 1911 though :lol:
I hate to tell you, but you're definitely in the minority here. Although most would agree Glocks are utilitarian and ugly, I don't think I've ever heard anyone refer to a 1911 as ugly. IMO, the 1911 is the most beautiful handgun that's every been made. Probably why every manufacturer has their clone. Do a poll and I'm willing to bet 99 out of 100 dentists agree.
karl wrote: When I first bought my Taurus it went bang every time too, so if you look at only that we're on par.
Comparing Glock to Taurus is like comparing a Toyata to a Ford. They're not even in the same class. The Glock will run forever, under whatever conditions. I've yet to hear of any Taurus torture tests or 20000 round tests.

Johnny Polite

Post by Johnny Polite »

E150GT wrote:I really really want a 19! <edit>... I'll just have to live with my 23. NIce buy
You can buy a .40 to 9mm lone wolf conversion barrel for about $100 (last time I checked. I also have looked at one for my 23) for your 23. Just pick up a magazine or two and you'll have a "G19".

longhorn_92

Post by longhorn_92 »

jeeperbryan wrote:Really nice. I've been considering one of the new Gen 4 Glock 22s.
karl wrote:I'm actually starting to warm up to Glocks, still uglier than a 1911 though :lol:
I hate to tell you, but you're definitely in the minority here. Although most would agree Glocks are utilitarian and ugly, I don't think I've ever heard anyone refer to a 1911 as ugly. IMO, the 1911 is the most beautiful handgun that's every been made. Probably why every manufacturer has their clone. Do a poll and I'm willing to bet 99 out of 100 dentists agree.
karl wrote: When I first bought my Taurus it went bang every time too, so if you look at only that we're on par.
Comparing Glock to Taurus is like comparing a Toyata to a Ford. They're not even in the same class. The Glock will run forever, under whatever conditions. I've yet to hear of any Taurus torture tests or 20000 round tests.
A 1911 is like the model wife... beautiful but high maintenance. The Glock is the "not much to look at but, she's got a great personality and...boy can she cook" kind of wife.

I still desire my 1911's.
“If you try to shoot me, I will have to shoot you back, and I promise you I won’t miss!”

NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

karl

Post by karl »

jeeperbryan wrote:
I misspoke, meant to say that I love 1911s and glocks are ugly. Have one of each.
jeeperbryan wrote:
While this is true I'm never going to subject my Taurus to those kinds of extremes so it's irrelevant. Not bragging on Taurus, but I will never encounter those situations, and if I do, I'll bring a Glock.
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere. -Thomas Jefferson

jeeperbryan

Post by jeeperbryan »

karl wrote:
jeeperbryan wrote:
I misspoke, meant to say that I love 1911s and glocks are ugly. Have one of each.
jeeperbryan wrote:
While this is true I'm never going to subject my Taurus to those kinds of extremes so it's irrelevant. Not bragging on Taurus, but I will never encounter those situations, and if I do, I'll bring a Glock.

Ha, I had to read your original comment a few times because I really have never heard anyone call the 1911 platform ugly :)

BTW, Texjames you need to pick up some 33rd magazines. That's why I like the 9mm Glocks the best because of the high cap mags. Heck, even the cheapo KCI ones work pretty well. Saves alot of time at the range and nice to go 33 rds without changing mags.

silverbear

Post by silverbear »

texjames wrote:
Nice. :thumbs2:

Just traded my Beretta for a G19 today and would post pictures, but will just use yours since my package looks exactly the same! :biggrinjester:

I may own a 1911 someday, but will always carry a Glock.
I support the right to arm bears.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”