North American mag

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
tommyg
Posts in topic: 3

North American mag

Post by tommyg »

I have been carrying a North American 22 magnum it is a sheriff model barrel length 2.5..I like it because it is easy to conceal
Any comments about this carry :confused5
N.R.A. benefactor Member :tiphat: Please Support the N.R.A. :patriot:

C-dub
Posts in topic: 1

Re: North American mag

Post by C-dub »

tommyg wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:07 pm I have been carrying a North American 22 magnum it is a sheriff model barrel length 2.5..I like it because it is easy to conceal
Any comments about this carry :confused5
I have one and have thought about carrying it, but haven't quite gotten there yet. Should be pretty safe to carry and super small. I haven't figured out how I would carry it yet. I don't think mine is the 2.5" model.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
tommyg

Post by tommyg »

If you decide to carry a north American be sure the hammer rest on one of the notches between each round ...If properly aligned accidental discharge by dropping is not an issue...very dangerous if not properly aligned

Topic author
tommyg

Post by tommyg »

If you want to carry a North American be sure that the hammer rests on one of the notches between each round
If properly aligned there is no issue concerning accidental discharge by dropping
If not properly aligned there is a serious risk of discharge by dropping the gun :shock:

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Years ago I arrested a woman on DPS warrants. She told me she had a .22 mini mag in her purse. When I opened the purse the gapped was back. I sure want comfortable handling it.

Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

I have had one with 1 5/8" barrel for at least 25 years. If carried or handled very much, I can atest to the fact that you WILL drop it. As mentioned above, those safety notches are very important. A trim carpenter was showing his new one to me when I asked if he had read the manual. He replied "It's just a 22!". I pointed out to him that the hammer on his gun was resting on a primer. He gulped and turned white as a ghost. So, I was pretty sure he had already dropped it - and just got lucky.
CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

I inherited this. Standard Manufacturing Switch Gun .22 WMR 5 shot revolver. I haven't shot it yet, but I was told it was fired once.

KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”