Posts in topic: 1

Robbery suspect found dead after gunbattle

Post by Paladin »

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mp ... an/2987389

"Jan. 11, 2005, 6:26AM

Robbery suspect found dead after gunbattle
By S.K. BARDWELL
Copyright 2005 Houston Chronicle

Police say a man found shot to death in south Houston early today is believed to a would-be robber who exchanged gunfire with a homeowner's son a couple hours earlier.

A woman who lives on Darlinghurst near Fleetwell told police she saw four armed, masked men breaking into a nearby vacant home about 11 p.m. Monday, and called her son to come to her house.

When he arrived, police said he retrieved a gun from his mother's house and the two went outside to check on the suspected burglars but suddenly found themselves confronted by the group.

Police said the woman was grabbed by one of the armed men and held briefly. When she struggled free, her son exchanged gunfire with the men as they ran away, police said.

Police called to investigate the incident began a search of the area and, about 1 a.m., the body of a gunshot victim was found in the back yard of a home five houses from where the skirmish took place.

Police said evidence probably will be referred to a grand jury without charges."
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Warhorse545

Post by Warhorse545 »

Since it does not appear to have been their house, I am not sure how smart they were checking it out on their own. It could have turned out real bad for the mom and son. But well one more bad guy out of the system. Hope the son does not get hit in civil court.

Stacey
TSRA Life Member

RatMan

Post by RatMan »

Another skank bites the dust... To bad, so sad... Let me see if I can jerk a tear out...
XD9 SC
Para C7.45
CZ RAMI
SA Champion 1911
SA Micro Compact 1911
S&W 1911
S&W Model 60 .357Mag
Taurus Model 415 .41mag
Taurus Model 617TBC .357mag
Taurus .45 Millennium Pro
Taurus .380 Millennium
American Derringer .45ACP

Bubba

Post by Bubba »

YUP !
One more scumbag outta the way ! Sure hope the messed up judicial system doesn't hammer the son for his actions.

:)
2 in the body, 1 in the head ...........

one eyed fatman
Banned

Post by one eyed fatman »

This is where I have to wonder. This is going to a grand jury without charges. Why would I need to hire a lawyer if there are no charges filed against me? :?

TraCoun

Post by TraCoun »

one eyed fatman wrote:This is where I have to wonder. This is going to a grand jury without charges. Why would I need to hire a lawyer if there are no charges filed against me? :?
If you feel certain enough that the GJ won't indict, don't. If you want to have some clue of things you should or should not say to the GJ, and if you want to be ready should they actually indict you, maybe you should. If you only hire an attorney AFTER they indict you, then he or she has to deal with the mistakes you made in front of the GJ

TraCoun

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”